How'd it go today?

I fell asleep on the couch a few nights ago. There was an opened window 2 feet away. Temperatures dropped to mid 50. I promptly received upon awakening, a sore throat and runny nose. Now my voice is nearly gone. Laryngitis seems like a yearly occurrence during the fall.

I ground my chain on the climbing saw, took it outback to test, ran it into a short concrete block that the test log was resting on (I thought it was wood underneath), sparks flew, re-ground chain and all is well. I hate it when I make more work for myself.

Sucks when you screwup a new/freshly sharpened chain. I hit a hidden rock on my brand new Stihl chain I bought for my new to me echo. Chain cut great for the 10 minutes before hitting the rock :^S

Been sick myself. I started coughing yesterday like a switch was turned on. I thought it was my coffee or something. I sometimes get sludge in the coffee due to my preparation method, and it'll sometimes hit my throat wrong and make me cough. It never went away though, and my throat's been scratchy. I really don't feel that bad, but I can't brag about not getting sick anymore. Kinda pisses me off.

We did one oak deadwood prune and told the custy the tree is going to look like absolute hammer hardened dog shit when we are done but they still wanted it done. Then we dumped another tree but made the felling cut at ten feet as a stand for a chainsaw carved eagle. Then on to a storm damaged hickory over a garage, two twenty foot long by 6” limbs. I’m just glad it stopped blowing like it was the last two days.

Three major leads. I am 90% certain the tree will be a removal next year but the wife is a tree hugger so…. I will give them credit as they are planting new trees in their yard next week.
The one remaining leed looks like a giant middle finger with a hang nail high above the rest of the canopy. Just plain ugly!

Back