How'd it go today?

My sister and family, my cousin, and my neighbor all moved to TN. Have not been there to visit yet. My 3 other sisters have.

Blame it on the New Yorkers also. My bud moved from here to Florida and became a damn Yankee. Your a Yankee till you move in.

Called me just after 4pm to try and analyze the situation. On his way. I bet he is still 45 min away. I set turkey pot pies out on the counter and told lilly, its whats for dinner. Now the wait

Come on you guys, you all that vacations can very well be as/more stressful than work (especially with young kids) 😂. Ours is a little nuts so far. Lots of tears, yelling, hitting, complaining, and money being spent. I still love being with my family at a fun destination though.
We went to a water park today. It was extremely stressful trying to obtain the 1 or 2 person tubes required for the slides. I was ready to start offering $20 per tube to the other attendees as a bribe to relinquish them. The best ride was the Stealth (picture attached) The drop “felt” like it was straight down. Our 8 and 9 yo went on it. The 5 yo was too scared. I went down 3 times.

I sent an email to Sherrill for a quote on 300” of 5/8 stable braid. It was just north of a grand. The 600’ spool is just around $630. So weird how that works. Wes Spur has reasonable per ft pricing though.

Attachments

• 82333A6F-027F-41B3-8F99-14CCD3E3087E.png
    82333A6F-027F-41B3-8F99-14CCD3E3087E.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 7
Wesspur seems to have prices close to the bottom. Might not be the absolute lowest, but close to it, and always good service. They have 15% off rope til the end of August. Code ROPES

Today was the last of three partial days running my DR all terrain mower over the meadow and through the woods on the far side of the creek.
New to me, not new :) | The Tree House (masterblasterhome.com)

I stirred up a couple of yellowjacket ground nests, per normal. The bastardos got me a few times from the second one. That part sucked the hairy moose lips, but otherwise the old beast ran perfectly, and I'm done with that task for another year. Knocked back the trailing blackberry and shortened the grass and dandelions. Looks pretty good.

I always get beat up some working under the tree branches, but no serious damage :). Time for some ibuprofen.

Last edited:
Got visited by a possum last night. I heard bumping around and chewing, so I lit the back with my flashlight, but I already knew it would be the possum. It finished Spot's food, then got on the back step, and ate the mouse head Spot left me. Crunch, crunch. crunch D^: I appreciate the utilization of resources and lack of waste, but yuck...

Set lines in 2 trees 40’ apart. SRT on right MRT on left. Akimbo and Unicender respectively. Hovered above a small Japanese maple. It was an interesting experience to be tied in that way. Just experimented with it for a while. My 9yo tried to as well under daddy’s watchful eyes. The devices caught and released pretty well considering his size.

Shortened the grass with my 5yo.

Looking at full size trucks. A slightly used F250 or Tundra will do.

Beautiful architecture and courtyard. Surprised to see an English sign: Grand Plaza?
You probably made a little mistake - this is the Grand Palace 6B2B39A0-89BE-4A50-B6DF-79B90C0F9204.jpeg http://www.grand-palace.ru/ The building was built in 1908.
Since 2003, the Boutique Gallery has been located here (2 floors, 500 sq.m.) in a building occupying an entire block from Nevsky Prospekt to Italianate Street in the area of Arts Square (7 floors, 20 thousand m2). Reconstruction of the building of the former "Siberian Commercial Bank", recreated according to the drawings of 1879 (the customer is LLC "Grand Palace", the designer is the architectural workshop "Studio 44"). The building has the most modern life support and security systems, autonomous power supply, 10 escalators, 5 cargo and 4 glass panoramic elevators. In particular, Baldinini, Escada, IT, Ives Delorme, Morgan, Swarovski, Trussardi brands are represented in the trading halls.

In the middle of the XVIII century, this site was part of the territory of the small imperial stable. In 1778, a three-storey stone house was built, which was rebuilt several times during the XIX century. The current appearance of the building was acquired in 1908, when the architect B. Girshovich erected a new building commissioned by the Siberian Commercial Bank. This is a high-quality and even noble neoclassicism: a solidly outlined gray granite facade, clearly drawn details, strong reliefs. It resembles the Leningrad ballerinas of the old school: it stands firmly, clearly and not without aplomb. A restrained and spectacular entrance, excellent doors, good Doric columns and a real hall. The clarity of this neoclassical style is especially noticeable against the background of the South Slavic Art Nouveau of the neighboring house (Nevsky Prospect, 46).
In the old building in the 1840s, the editorial office of the famous Russian magazine "Otechestvennye Zapiski" was located here. At that time, the magazine was edited by Andrei Krayevsky and was the banner of Russian Westernism, Valerian Maikov and Vissarion Belinsky lived in it. In the 1870s, participants of the Narodnaya Volya gathered on the ground floor in the confectionery of O. F. Andreev. The photos of the turn of the century show the inscription Moscow Merchant Bank, he rented premises here until he moved into his own house built nearby (Nevsky Prospekt, 46).
In Soviet times, a variety of offices were located in house 44, including the Institute of Civil Project, in which architect Noah Troitsky, the author of the Big House on Liteyny Avenue and the House of Soviets on Moskovsky Avenue, worked.
The cafe "North" located here was very popular.
Now the entire interior space is occupied by a unique of its kind "Grand Palace", facing the Italian street. Grand Palace is a new boutique arcade, the first such shopping complex in the North-West of Russia. EA38EF88-89E3-4900-903A-58C60762165A.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the next couple days off. Boss has stuff to do, and he told me to stay home unless I wanted to do office work(I don't). Too hot to do anything interesting, but I did setup an appointment for this Friday at walmart to get my eyes examined. The prospect of new glasses is exciting. The ones I'm using are like looking through a dirty window.

Heard on the news today a lighthouse is going up for auction. $5k registration fee, and a $15k starting bid...

sounds like it comes with restrictions...

The property is subject to:

• The United States Coast Guard’s continued operation and maintenance as an aid to navigation on the lighthouse.
  • Historic preservation covenants of the lighthouse.
  • The execution of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the United States Navy. The lighthouse is located within a Navy-controlled surface danger area. For safety purposes, the successful bidder will be required to enter into an MOA that governs when access is prohibited.

I'm not /that/ interested, but I wouldn't mind seeing the full restrictions, and I'd like to board it to examine the full condition(not allowed). I wonder what it'll go for? Having my own lighthouse would be pretty cool. No neighbors, nice breeze, convenient to transportation(as long as you like boats)... Downside is no trees, but I could get some acreage on the shore for not too much money. Man, that would cool as shit.

Back