How'd it go today?

Supposed to pick up lift for a week after our Monday job in crispy Liquid Ambers.
Went ahead and ran some errands and then called ahead to double check. All I got was double speak about the damn thing being way North of where it was reserved for after a reservation made weeks in advance. No one marked my reserve for 4pm today. Oh no. 7am tomorrow. And after a couple call backs, it wont even make their time marked. So I guess I get tomorrow off to go pick it up 24 hours after I needed to.
Spent the afternoon altering a weeks schedule that now includes the weekend.
BBQd some steaks and tried to chill knowing I also am probably going to spend another grand on my truck to try and get it more dependable. Just about chilled with a full tummy, no shower yet and the Calf got out. Thank you Levi. He did not even tell anyone. Just kept to his chores, not his problem tude. I have been hiking through brush and driving the hills with our neighbor looking for this critter all evening. I give up, come home and find out they found him and have him back in. I ran out with out my phone and told everyone I did. "Well we tried to message you". Guess I'll go shower off the poison oak I have been crawling through to find this sumbiatch. Bugger.

Getting a bit of soaking rain. First in a long time. Our corn is ok, but a lot of farms started chopping already to get what they can before it is totally brown. Might get some second cutting hay, if it cools off a little.

So, after a 2 hr plus round trip yeaterday and losing a day of work, here she sits. No power to the basket and warning lights flashing when you try to go there. Tech may or may not be on the way. Supposed to call (been over 3 hours). 5 poplars waiting on my saw for hazard reduction and dead wooding. Next door neighbor waiting for word if we are moving in tomorrow on his oaks. STELLAR!
Thank the gods I dont have a large crew going home getting paid 4 hours each for nada. 20220824_104629.jpg

Are lifts always a hassle? I'm not around all the time, but they seem to get a greater share of the service calls from my client./

Or if you moved to TN like a lot of californians, then you'd have 5 rental places within 20min with 5 lifts each, so you could grab another.

Back