How'd it go today?

Head first.. OUCH!!! hope she doing better..

With all this cold weather, i hope im not coming down with something..

Did a very easy job today, id go as far as to say a treat! the housing commision is building a house on the site, we couldent drop it over the railway lines from the ground,

I dismanteled it in chipper size so 3 blokes could get rid of it quickly, while they got the green away, i spun over and did a dead one, a dozer will come and do the stumps

its prize fire wood and a guy will come and get it all, cool, full priced job with us gone in 2 hours..

Seriously they must be a little off to yell at the tree guy.

You're telling me!! This campground I'm working in is a goldmine, I bet 40 100' pine trees will have to come out of there within the next year or two (pine beetle). And I'm hoping to be the murderer to do it.

I also met up with my local competition yesterday the cat's outta the bag on the mini. They've seen it around and the owner specifically came out to the jobsite to see it in action and ask me all about it. When he left he said they're definetly buying one.

The owner is a nice guy and we're on a friendly basis so it's all good, he couldn't beleive the limbs I was scooping up and stuffing right into the chipper.:D

...I also met up with my local competition yesterday the cat's outta the bag on the mini. They've seen it around and the owner specifically came out to the jobsite to see it in action and ask me all about it. When he left he said they're definetly buying one.

The owner is a nice guy and we're on a friendly basis so it's all good, he couldn't beleive the limbs I was scooping up and stuffing right into the chipper.:D

Hell, I woulda done my best to make the mini look as crappy as possible, put it in low speed so it just barely craws along, act like it's straining to lift a single limb, ect ect.

I do NOT want my competitors to have a mini, and from the looks of things I'm quite safe :)

I will never spend another 8 hrs talking to a tree company owner into giving me my gear,and not calling 911!for a busted saw tank I"ve had to repair only 3 saws in over a decade of climbing trees! I take care to sharpen clean inspect, everyday.

About 100 grand and 20 days later: Drama continues!

I get caught spikeing a trim and customer dont wanna pay a 4 grand job a days labor they didnt wanna pay in the begginning and hes blameing it on me and becuase i do treesquickest/ safeest way.unless otherwize told thats been SOP for a month and 1/2 up the tree heyells, "dont spike that trim, just the ones yesterday and 2 tommorrow,"im elaborating"
I'm 50 feet up beside a wall! When he ytells me this, but its ok I gotem trimming half his trees spikeless thou and the crew a hardhat whats wrong with htat hes comming around

Its not worth it I think, I'm sorry i made you 100 grand this month, I'll be on my way.
That dude aint ever seen a spikelss climber till he met meh, i mean wtf.
Sure got you snazzy tree radar and whatever, let it climb your trees dumb fuker.!
Yeah dude you should stick to removals you DUMB ASS! Besides nobody cares rip off artist/salemens jerkoff!
8 hrs I spent and I did call 911 after he wouldnt walk up to my face in the street but hell get in my face in his own yard, wtf? Sometimes people get so big they need be in little pieces ya know!

I will never try again to get a tree job with an ill-legit shop, this includes taxes whithheald workers comp. This is a legit shop.
I'll never leave my gear in another dueds truck unless taxes are taken out my pay.

Last edited:
if he worked you under the table and owes you turn him in to the state. they will take the employee side over the employers. shoot you make me 100 grand a month ill give you 35k on the books!

I take it this has been a bad week Robert:lol:

It seems to be going around!!
I've gotten about two hours of sleep and can't seem to get back to sleep!!
That makes for a VERY long night!!

I feel ya andy andweb! He makes most his money on billing thru emergency calls! He just bill the insurance comps . He does not remind me of anyone at the treehouse! Except maybe trees andsurf... I'm J.k lol
He has a 7000 $ website and has added me C.A. to it. wanna see.?
Today he broke out with a new Sthil 880 with few feet bar. In my current shape I'd bee good for about 8-10 cuts with it aloft. I could do his tree with a poulan upside down. Whatdaymean no spike, duh your tarzan! I have never seen a persons jaw drop when they began to think like a bat (upside down) but I'm sure it happens! I've seen it a few times. "jaw dropper"!
Its hard to get folks aboard a ethical trian once they have millions, is it possible for humanity to return being/acting human. What is it that guides and direct us but myth, perhaps I could make money wit myths?

I would like to state officially that today the "Bigshot" wasn't in the truck" Thats funny I have a odd feeling of De-ja-vu.

The last few days I have done the twice yearly trimming of my trees down the lane,not a big deal . Now comes the filling in of the ruts and low spots in the yard and working the flower beds .Not a job I enjoy .

I'm just not cut out to be a landscaper I guess . I would much rather operate a chainsaw as a shovel .

I just dont understand C.A. why would they even pull my cert if I did the tree the safest way possible. I'm telling with 13 yrs expereince that its different. I have coward down and squirrled outta tree no spikes but that was years ago and I was not married.
I dialed 911 today and was ready to delimb a human being, I would have taken 2 or 3 blows to the head he stood 6'2 225 vet climber, got in my face wanted to fight just not in the street.
He couldhave pulled a gun or he could have pulled a knife which all you treehouseers wear it still dont matter 325 stiches later and your dead! If anyone ever esclates force on me with a knife, I'm hands free and its the end of your life beings I'medit not a cop with rules.

Last edited:
People seem to get in the office and get stupid. I cannont explain it. My boss told me something yesterday that I tried last night. We disscussed how wrong he was this morning!! He had forgoten half of the problems you encounter!!
My big boss will tell me whatever I want to hear just to get me out of his office?
I guess ignorance is bliss.

My boss is saying that he's pretty much taken my spikes and any trimming will be done without thtem, Im a take down professional, why?
We got two climber running steve, its hard to keep us ADD personality A types, busy!
After hard study for arborist I dint not suspect it would be used and trounched upon but it is what it is. My boss has not yet posted to the tree house, thou he stands for trees.
The website is http://www.matthewstreeservice.com/

Though we strive to maintain and enjoy mature trees; safety is and always will be our number one priority. Woody decay can take a toll on trees despite efforts to preserve plant health. Property owners want a reliable way to assess risk from largely unseen internal problems. We feel a noninvasive method of analysis is the healthiest way of assessing risk, and Tree Radar ™ is the latest and most thorough manner of analyzing internal decay. In addition to trunk evaluation, the root scanning and mapping capabilities of the Tree Radar Unit (TRU) allow us to provide customers with a visual aid depicting root location. TRU evaluation by Matthew's Tree Service Inc. provides printed data, professional analysis, and arborist recommendations easily understood by decision makers. Learn how noninvasive tree radar evaluation can answer your pressing questions.

His website has sprung forth in the last week. I feel C.A. is improving and educating and it has been well worth it. It may cost us in court thou. Its to bad an deucation has to come from a court thou. Oh!, were all high rolllers and welcome to my freight train.

Its astounding sotc, I figure 40,000 in ads brings 1 million in jobs.

I took down a little redwood this morning and ground the stump. That's all that I have to do for the day. I'm going to go work on my truck this afternoon.

Errr umm thats a million a year and I broke one saw 150 $ and one sling 125$. Lord helop me not to dig a 10 foot hole to put this spike wearing noob in.
I dont care man, go fly your plane around;:(
Let me quote MB here from a saying he wrote at www.treeservice.com yesterday ,,, and I quote, "This forum may fail because pwoplw want to be pensicl pushing geek wasds and remain annomouss.

Last edited:
ok man it wasnt an exact quote, what do you think of thier forum will it stand a test of time. Seems really active.

Robert I skimmed your posts and could not understand them. I have to go make dinner now could you go back and edit those post so when I try to read them tonight they make more sense. Thanks.

Glad you got that off your chest Robert.

Check these folks out, it is important to not make the same mistakes again.
After all, the only thing you seem to want is respect and a good job. Nothing wrong with that:

http://www.emotionsanonymous.org/

Today I blew the pto off the side of my tranny :(. I wrenched it off and should have a new one by 10:00am tomorrow. It coud have been worse, it happened in the yard of this nice old man who helped out considerably even so far as to grind down one of his own wrenches so it would fit in to get a nut off. He had about a $500 dollar job and has been so helpful and accomadating I'm gonna waive his bill.

Note to self ensure that pto is fully disengaged before getting all rammy trying to back out of a ditch.:?

Yah the cable was in the disengaged position but it had started getting kind of sticky the last couple of days, I knew it needed to be either lubed or adjusted but just another one of those things on the 'to do' list. Well that was a mistake. Quite certain there was no damage to the tranny and the gears look real good still, the PTO casing though did not fair so well.

Steve, Hope your lady is doing well.
Robert, Sorry life is less nice than you would wish. Maybe it would be better if you improved your communication skills.

Goofy weather here today. I started wrecking a big Cottonwood this morning. Got about half the top out of it when gusting swirling winds from thunderheads on all sides caused me to call it. I called the power company to reconnect service until tomorrow-whereupon the wind died down and the sun came out.

climbed 3 monteray pines today to remove selected limbs.

Brushy, pokey, sap filled crappy trees. Had to lower the limbs into this rose garden.
All day the lady kept running around whining about her roses. Only one bloom knocked off

climbed 3 monteray pines today to remove selected limbs.

Brushy, pokey, sap filled crappy trees. Had to lower the limbs into this rose garden.
All day the lady kept running around whining about her roses. Only one bloom knocked off
That's when you point at the nearest rose bush and ask "How much does one of those rose bushes cost?" And when she answers, you reach in your wallet and pull out a $20. Stomp on the rose bush, grinding it into the soil and hand her the $20. Then ask her if she wouldn't mind getting the Hell out of your work zone and letting you finish the job.

Back