How'd it go today?

Easy Day Sqwerl, For sure. Nice you made some good Profit.

That Japanese Maple was the second Job, The first was,

another removal, 60 yr old Blue Atlas Cedar. prob 28 dbh.
It was covered in ivy.

And more view pruning on a Monterey Pine.

The home owner said,
"No one wants trees in this town, We all want to see the Bridge"

La LaLa La.

Butch, How are things? The ground Drying up yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It rained all day yesterday, supposed to do it again tuesday. I have crane jobs scheduled for mon and tue. I HOPE the ground ain't too wet.

THis has been a WET winter.

Driest Winter here for along time, I think we have over 12" of rain defeceit.

Super Dry. And it's only January. Maybe Spring will dump rain.

Probably be a GREAT fire season.

It rained all day yesterday, supposed to do it again tuesday. I have crane jobs scheduled for mon and tue. I HOPE the ground ain't too wet.

THis has been a WET winter.

I got some pallet racking to takedown if you get rained out.

Went with my family to take my younger brother, Tim, to the airport this morning, he's returning to Iraq from his R+R leave. Bummer. But, he had a good time in town. I hate sad goodbyes at the airport. My youngest brother, Pete, is coming home for his R+R in the next few days, looking forward to more good times, and dreading yet another sad goodbye. The biggest bummer is that the two of them are gonna miss seeing each other by a few days. Maybe they'll run into each other in Kuwait though. That'd be cool.
I can't wait until this shit is over for them. I worry. :(

This sucks, i woke up early to go to work, I was driving in when my boss called and said go back home. It snowed down by him and the trees had to go through a store. Try again another day.

Same thing here 395. Got an inch or 2 on the ground and now no one wants to work.

Had a nice chat with Dwayne Neustaeter from Arboriculture Canada last week. He was laughing at how different the attitudes are of people across Canada. He said when he teaches in BC (Lower Mainland/Vancouver) and it snows all the guys are of the opinion they can't work. Then, when he teaches in other parts of Canada and it rains all the guys say "We can't work in the rain - how do you work in the rain?....)

It's what we're all used to I guess. Here if you don't work in the rain you don't work. We wimp out in the snow though. 'Course, we ended up having to work in it this year and it was actually a good experience I think. Sure slows you down.

Right now though the snow is mostly melted, the sky is clear blue and it is COLD!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had an easy crane TD, and then a HARD live oak trim. It was under power lines and has been topped (even by me) at least a dozen time, but NEVER a trim. Well, I trimmed it and there were two million little dead twigs to whittle out. I'M TIRED.

tree guys wife... so when was the last time YOU worked outside in the snow and rain ;)

It has been REALLY nice here the last couple days and the next few, pounding out the pruning work as fast as I can while its good to go. I am a sore and tired boy today. four more days of work booked ahead, soldiering on!

I'm much smarter then that. :lol:

Hey, just repeating what Dwayne said - no personal experience here. :D

I was supposed to be groundie on a very large Oak trim t'day, & had to bugger off after an hour to go to an appointment. Can't say as I was sorry, it was bitter cold & windy. KMS (bro) was bummed. There was a lot of technical rigging to be done & we're really in sync with each other... but he was given a decent replacement (Danny, the guy-who-needs-to-make-the-rent). Dang. Why are there so many people in this biz who could give a shit less, but are really decent at what they do ? Danny has 5 yrs. experience (he's about 24 yrs. old), and has shown more dedication & discipline in other stints as a clock-puncher for $9.50 an hour for slave drivers like Wal-Mart, etc. ? He's given all the slack in the world, but consistently blows it working for tree co.'s ?
Thanks for listening.

Well I had a awesome day. My subbing for a local lawn and tree(shrub) company is starting to explode.

But here is something ya don't see (or want to) everyday. On thursday I got to drive way out to the boonys for a bucket job and both of my inner duals have flatted on me (what are the odds of that?). So I hit up the tire shop this afternoon to get them fixed. I notice that the guys working on my truck just jack up my whole back end and put it on jackstands and take all four tires off. I'm thinking that's pretty bold because it's parked outside on a sheet of ice, well I was right.:O I put the outriggers down to help them lift it back up.

I bet one tire was already flat and it went unnoticed.

I bet both were flat and went unnoticed until it was in my buddies shop lastweekend :D , I haven't been having to do any clean-up for about the last month or so. I just show up make a big mess and then leave, I'm loving it.8)

Back