How'd it go today?

Another little Canadian tree. My pruning is a little more drastic than Paul's. 45min for minnimum $150 call out, subbing for a local lawn & tree company is an okay day in January for me. Before, after and the boss giving me attitude.

Ha they were finishing off the stump cut with a old looking o24:what: . I asked them if the wanted me to do it and they said no that's all they wanted me for. Pretty cushy I've got a two hour minimum but after 45min they said that's all they needed done?:? Don't hurt my feelings none.

I hear you. nice pocket change for a quick jaunt outdoors. just make sure to bundle the other errands in with it, saves having to warm up and venture out again...

I'm wondering why (in the 2nd pecan TD pic) why no one's asked why the boom was on the ground. :/:

The boom usually comes to the ground for attaching the jib or if something needs messing with on the tip of the boom. Or did you knock the cable off the pulley? :|:

Easy little climbing gig this morning. Was 60 degrees when I walked out of the house at 8, no need for sleeves. Took down a small cherry (14" dbh) and trimmed up 8-10 palm trees. Left everything semi-stacked where it landed. $200 for 3 hours work, ezpz.

Got my fishing gear ready to go for tomorrow and then got a call from one of my landscraper clients. Went and bid his 2 small jobs for $700 each.

Cooooold. The latest storm started with high winds yesterday. Dreezing frizzle last night-A Car went into the ditch across the road at midnight and I went over to see if they needed help and could barely keep my feet in the gravel driveway-Black ice everywhere!. Couple inches of powder snow fell in the night. Intermittent powder swirling during the day and a high of some obscene number like 11*F. Current temp is 4*. It was 60* on Monday! I'm in hibernation.

Sounds rough, Justin. I went fishing all day today. In a short sleeve t shirt.
:P

1-Sunrise
2- the Kennedy Space Center VAB and launch towers in the background
3- my 3 lb trout
4- Jerry's monster trout :lol:

Skwerl, nice fish!! John has fished that area alot! Shoot we want to get out tomorrow, but the seas are like 4-6 offshore. Do you eat the fish you catch?

V, I usually don't keep them. Jerry would have kept them if we had caught more than one keeper size, but he wasn't willing to clean just one fish so we cut him loose before heading in.

We spent a few hours chasing redfish but it was too breezy to see them or get the boat positioned right to find them. So we spent a lot of time drifting across the flats.

We spent a few hours chasing redfish but it was too breezy to see them or get the boat positioned right to find them. So we spent a lot of time drifting across the flats.

I would love to catch a redfish. Suppose to be great blackened, although I don't eat fish. I would like just a little taste!

Nice Fish Sqwerl.

Jameson and Red Nectar is juicing the flow,

Relaxing two hour job today, removed an apple tree from a Valley Oak today.

Old Monkey reffered me to it. Bless his heart.

Nice Fish Sqwerl.

Jameson and Red Nectar is juicing the flow,

Relaxing two hour job today, removed an apple tree from a Valley Oak today.

Old Monkey reffered me to it. Bless his heart.

if that was in my yard id try to keep it in place as long as possible. i love that odd stuff

They were building a fence and the apple tree was in line with the ideal placement of said fence.

Hence I got my pittance for the riddance of said tree, but boy were they entangled.

So I killed a perfect mature Japanese Maple today.
I think it took all of 30 minutes to wreck it and chip it.

Thing must have been over 35 years old.
The things I do working for others.

Felt kinda bad.

Anyhoo, I'm sure there is an evil tree around the corner that deserves my saw.

Sounds like an easy day, Deva. Although I agree, I hate wrecking perfectly healthy trees for no good reason.

Today I had my best money day in a long time. 6 dead pine tree removals and trimming a few dead limbs out of an oak tree over a parking lot (big Presbyterian church). Got to the job around 8am. Had everything on the ground in piles by 12:08 so we went to lunch (2 people helping me, another tree guy and his girlfriend). Got back from lunch about 1pm and the stump grinder guy was there so we followed him around and raked up stump grindings. The Prentice loader showed up (late) at 2pm and we had everything cleaned up by 2:50. I cleared about $1200 after paying everybody. The customers are very happy and I almost feel guilty. Oh well, I deserve a good day once in a while.
:D

Back