How'd it go today?

Dumped wood and chips this morning, ran 2 quick estimates, went back to yesterday's job to do clean up/repair Dingo rivets in lawn (was slightly damp, and the mini made about 120 trips getting stuff out over the 2 days there; custy understood and wasn't too concerned), then got home, discussed future trees and politics with the Brits next door, then shortened the grass (damn you John, I'll never get your face out of my head every time I have to do that now!). Throwing some chow down then off to play cribbage with the beer bud tonight.

Yea, I'm aware of more elegant techniques, but I'm a little gun shy with the cherry. That was a co-dom, and I took the other stem last year. That one had a good lean also, but nothing in the way, so I thought I'd play a bit. My intention was to try to swing it 90° from the lean, but I totally lost it, and it about jumped from the stump. Inexpert cutting on my part for sure, but the lack of hold really surprised me. I didn't want to risk anything with house in the way.

There was a before pic from last year when I got the job, but since he had to be involved, and my help situation really sucked last year, it got pushed off until this year. Old phone crapped out and I wasn't loading pics to Google, so no luck on that. Was too busy and it was getting late with everything the kid and I had to cut/Dingo haul ~1000ft. every trip, so no time for after pics. Will try to get next brush monkey on that task.

Started at 9am today and by 2:30pm got Jeb’s sister’s house updated for his release from rehab on Monday. He’ll be there temporarily until we can find a one story home. It’s four stories and sixteen steps from the driveway to the porch. The neighbor in the other side of the duplex will let them park in his spare spot on the uphill side, and thus it’s just one step up to the shared porch!
Installed some railings for the step up onto the porch, and a railing on the staircase, which never had one, and grab bars. Just have to install plugs, sand, and paint the indoor railing. Also tore up the wall-to-wall carpeting on the floor he’ll be on so he can roll his wheelchair more easily. House built in 1923; beautiful old wood floors under the rugs.
This evening it’s back to rewiring and repairing equipment of his to ready it for sale.
9F83DFEA-EFDF-4970-8A83-6AD275B4AF71.jpeg
4763B532-A20D-41E2-99DC-2FEE12ACFBA6.jpeg
33665914-4F79-4D21-9BD8-66839E3B61AD.jpeg

Did a nice 36” dbh cherry removal today. Pretty simple rigging. Dang ground is saturated or we could’ve just flopped it. Down and cleaned up in about three hours. Then ground the stump and cleaned up the mess. After I got home I finally gave in and shortened the grass. Afterwards we lit a small fire and enjoyed the beautiful evening. I also loaded the quads and side by side for tomorrow. Heading to where we camp a lot to get it ready for the season.

Finished up some work for some friends yesterday. I could see my house from their trees. Love a tiny service area.

Run of the mill fir dismantles, chipping and decking logs.

Lots of garden seeds have germinated.
Hope to work on the garden today.

Back