How'd it go today?

Sounds like a good reason to buy yourself a really nice side by side double barrel.

Up your style, brother ;).

No foolin'...congrats!
What shotgun do you shoot with now, Stephen? I know lots of skeeters use O/Us. Don’t know many that use SxS around here.

We started a big pain in the ass elm over a house, lighting, decorations for halloween, and German Shepard paraphernalia. It's the dog breeds who we bought our dog from. Mostly done 30% left. We ran out of chip capacity and our dump is an hour round trip so we just called it. They have three autum blaze maples to plant as well.

New job tomorrow morning, going to climb for a tree service.

I think I’ve been very clear about my screwy work schedule with DuPont, and I can help him part time some weeks, and not at all some weeks.

Hear he does good work and pays his guys well. No idea what to expect as far as workers and equipment. For workers he’s probably taking anyone he can get, seems pretty rough out there. Makes in interesting, and it’s usually fun meeting and working with other crews.

4 tanks of mix through the 461 cuttin n quartrin fat petrified euc.

An easy half day.

Bein semi-retired rocks!

I hear rumors of M-Tronic fallin out of favor, and adjustable carb's like my 461 makin a comeback......

Jomo

Sounds like a good reason to buy yourself a really nice side by side double barrel.

Up your style, brother ;).

No foolin'...congrats!
I want one of these. But I have some other priorities current.

I want one of these. But I have some other priorities current.
My very first shotgun, given to me on my 14th birthday by my father, was a 16 ga. side by side with exposed hammers. It was made by some unknown German gunsmith long before it came into my hands. It was not exactly beautiful, but it had really handsome engraving, a nice walnut stock with cheek riser (monte carlo style), and lots of patina. The hammers where mismatched, in some shadetree repair in one of it's prior lives :). 26 inch barrels. He paid $28 for it in a small gunshop outside of Punta Gorda, Florida in 1967.

Last edited:
Which, as Americans grew fatter and lazier, was later changed to couch guns.

Back on topic for the thread, Richard damned near killed a forester today.
He was called out to help our forwarder guy pull a very large dying oak next to a house.

That went according to plan, as things are wont to do with Richard.

Then the forester, who lives there, asked them to drop a smallish, but very tall beech.
Richard asked the forwarder guy to park between the tree and the house and push it over with the crane arm.
Standard procedure with forwarder guys we know well.
The forester is standing between the forwarder and the house.
Suddenly he decides that is an unsafe place and runs out in front of the forwarder, just as the tree falls................BAM!

Ambulance, police and one frigged up day for Richard.

The forester regained consciousness as they loaded him up for the trip to the hospital and said: " Man, what was I thinking, totally my own fault" which sure helped a lot.

Last edited:
Hopefully he's ok!!!! I have an old Stevens side by side in 12 gauge, full on one side modified on the other. Fun little thing.

Wow Stig! Crazy day for Richard.

Kyle, I never got passed down any shot guns. My cousin took almost everything including what my grandmother promised to me.
I grew up shootin old single shots. Fact is, i picked one up years ago just to keep in the pump house in case critters try to eat our critters and I need a quick shot.
Thing is over 100 years old. No beads on it, just point and shoot. Steel plate onthe stock.
But thats what I learned to shoot clays, dove and quail with. Started with the family .410. This one is 12ga. To make a point, i took it out to the range against some pretty expensive guns. I shot 10 straight of 10. They did not. Made my point. :lol:

Which, as Americans grew fatter and lazier, was later changed to couch guns.

Back on topic for the thread, Richard damned near killed a forester today.
He was called out to help our forwarder guy pull a very large dying oak next to a house.

That went according to plan, as things are wont to do with Richard.

Then the forester, who lives there, asked them to drop a smallish, but very tall beech.
Richard asked the forwarder guy to park between the tree and the house and push it over with the crane arm.
Standard procedure with forwarder guys we know well.
The forester is standing between the forwarder and the house.
Suddenly he decides that is an unsafe place and runs out in front of the forwarder, just as the tree falls................BAM!

Ambulance, police and one frigged up day for Richard.

The forester regained consciousness as they loaded him up for the trip to the hospital and said: " Man, what was I thinking, totally my own fault" which sure helped a lot.

Mad story.
Good use of wont, underused word.

I changed the oil in my pickup, first time in a year. I'm done for the day, sitting here dripping sweat and out of breath. Getting old and fat sucks.

Back