How'd it go today?

They’re not wanting to release Emily and Joel until she can provide an address for where he was born...😳😫 So I’m perusing maps (satellite view), helping her come up with a viable address. Born in the car at 4:00 in the morning...on the side of a rural highway...in the rain...and Karen wants an address...

Hell of a ride there Andrey!

Normal day. The big highlight was a really good hickory nut. Nice and oily, and the flavor reminded me of the bourbon balls my father used to make around jul. They're a lot of work to get to, but I've been pleased with the hickories I've found thus far. They would be a good sit outside and drink beer nut.

@pigwot
We really didn’t talk much about him. I just mentioned that JP was who turned me to the TAMB videos
Pretty sure I passed the practical test. Didn’t knock anything over or hit the rigger.

Looks like she has been eating chocolate! Joel will have a fine sister there...I bet she will share even before she is supposed to. What an adventure.

So was that stump cut with a cross cut saw? Seems too small for sb notches if a chain saw was used

Another routine day. Got back to the job with a tasty hickory nuts, and got a couple more. I still have one in my pocket, I think it's mockernut. Also picked up a couple monkey balls. I'm gonna try to grow some osage orange from seed. If it works, they'll go on the side of the property with the irritating neighbors ;^)

I don't really have much of an opinion of them. They aren't super common around here. I like the monkey balls. They're kinda useless, but pretty cool due to their size. If it doesn't work out, I can always cut them down.

Back