How'd it go today?

Devil's Club just started leafing out. The leaves can get up to 20 inches across when fully grown.View attachment 110963 Nothing but nasty spines all over. I've had to dig more than my share out of my hands over the years.

A hateful plant. I traversed a million (more or less :D) units through patches of Devil's club in my time. Nasty is right.

Our skunk cabbage is all bloomed out now, the leaves are still small, less that 2 feet :).

A hateful plant. I traversed a million (more or less :D) units through patches of Devil's club in my time. Nasty is right.

Our skunk cabbage is all bloomed out now, the leaves are still small, less that 2 feet :).
Yeah, I'm sure we are a bit behind you southern folk:) . At least I don't have Oregon grape up here!

That'll teach the bloody thing.

Ever heard of sterilizing surgical instruments?

That's a hell of a long root! Looks like you could have extracted it from the bottom. Unless it was a top... Maybe get it through your nose.

Outside...

20210513_164802.jpg

Inside...

20210513_164828.jpg

Tools used in construction...

20210513_164901.jpg

You can see the dip in the top where I didn't have quite enough board, and went past the outside edge. It's a hillbilly fix anyway, so there wasn't much point in trying to get it perfect, and wasting more wood. Since I had the wood slopped in the garage, it warped, and I used that to my advantage fitting it. The broken glass is still in place. It'll probably come loose eventually, but whatever. I'll deal with it then.

I'm more upset about the sticker tbh :^D

I might try using canola oil on part of the wood. It'll be an interesting experiment to see how it helps or hinders outside wood. I tried finding stuff online, but there isn't much out there. I found a couple recommendations for canola+vinegar(!), but I don't get it, and the sites I saw it on didn't strike me as reliable. Not sure what vinegar is supposed to do, especially since they don't mix. Probably came from a single source, and spread.

You can see the dip in the top where I didn't have quite enough board, and went past the outside edge. It's a hillbilly fix anyway, so there wasn't much point in trying to get it perfect, and wasting more wood. Since I had the wood slopped in the garage, it warped, and I used that to my advantage fitting it. The broken glass is still in place. It'll probably come loose eventually, but whatever. I'll deal with it then.

Might take out an ad for body work...always someone with a busted window...😝

I'm slowly getting stronger and feeling better at work, it's gonna be a long summer but at least I'm here to whine about it :lol: ordered the rigging for my trailer winch thing, should be here early next week so i can get that going. And to top it off my surgery for removing my mediport got scheduled, so after next week i won't have any more medical things inside me. I keep thinking I'm gonna accidently hit it with something and things are gonna go south, especially considering it's right on my chest/ shoulder area. Even got to string a few beers together after work, pretty good day that almost feels normal again

Outside...

View attachment 110986

Inside...

View attachment 110987

Tools used in construction...

View attachment 110988

Frankly John...that looks like shit :D.

Don't you carry insurance? I'd have that fixed in a day, with a mobile auto glass repair service coming to my house. Just a deductible that isn't that bad, and then the glass repair company comps it back to me anyway, just to get the business.

Back