How'd it go today?

Fine morning; things went pretty smoothly. Installed all new tee markers, cups & flags...looks much nicer.

Front end aligned on the truck this afternoon...she's sporting 2 new small tie-rods now...both were bent.

Devil's Club just started leafing out. The leaves can get up to 20 inches across when fully grown. IMG_20210512_121738.jpg Nothing but nasty spines all over. I've had to dig more than my share out of my hands over the years.

I'm whooped. Cut up all the wood I pulled out of the woods yesterday, and a little bit of the remainder logs from the previous time. Also topped off each load with little crap from the side ditch. It all went to the burn pile, and I lit it up. Stuff was heavy and wet. I did largish firewood size cuts on most of it, but had to do ~12" cuts on some of the bigger ones to make it easier on my back. Once I get home, and can relax a bit, I need to mull over ways to make this easier. Feels like pissing in the ocean. Lots stuff, but the work pile isn't getting much shorter.

Dude... my first day back contract climbing after 5 years... yikes my back is sore...

We "thinned' a 4 spar 70 foot coast live oak easily 100 feet across canopy... really fun climbing.

I tried to deuce in a brown bag in the back of the truck and it just went bad...folded the bag and saw a random thimble print on the chop box wall... oh man. Anyway.. haven't done that in awhile. Brown bagged it.

We poop into to doggie poop bags in the chip truck or in the woods if they're large enough

Can you refresh my memory re your current situation...are you working solo these days?

HAHAHAHHA.

I'm in purgatory... neither Heaven nor Hell.

2 guys are full time on a commercial contract... rolling w mild interfacing and management...

It was me and another solid climber Ben... the Ben you follow on IG... he went to Tahoe... $300/day w free housing. So it was just me solo... doing jobs over my head w a ad in the paper seeking help. Nothing No one... just me.. Then California Air Resoirce Board wiped ebery truck off the road w DMV older than 2011... so they took my chip truck. Now I have no help and no truck.

I'm not trying to throw down 60k on a new chip truck... someone is trying to buy the company. I'm looking to jump ASAP... but we are still working through details contracts lawyers government permits taxes and insurances. My income is dropping... I have a lot of calls I'm trying to pass on... over bidding etc trying to save face. I'm tripping.

So.... I'm now contract climbing a couple days a week for the competition. Meeting and realizing how much I know.

one going to college..other sophomore. Time flies doesn't it. Your son in middle school?

adapt my friend. As you always do

HAHAHAHHA.

I'm in purgatory... neither Heaven nor Hell.

2 guys are full time on a commercial contract... rolling w mild interfacing and management...

It was me and another solid climber Ben... the Ben you follow on IG... he went to Tahoe... $300/day w free housing. So it was just me solo... doing jobs over my head w a ad in the paper seeking help. Nothing No one... just me.. Then California Air Resoirce Board wiped ebery truck off the road w DMV older than 2011... so they took my chip truck. Now I have no help and no truck.

I'm not trying to throw down 60k on a new chip truck... someone is trying to buy the company. I'm looking to jump ASAP... but we are still working through details contracts lawyers government permits taxes and insurances. My income is dropping... I have a lot of calls I'm trying to pass on... over bidding etc trying to save face. I'm tripping.

So.... I'm now contract climbing a couple days a week for the competition. Meeting and realizing how much I know.
Sorry to hear about losing the truck. My NEWEST truck was a 2008, I didn't want anything to do with the Tier 4 diesel emissions crap.

Best wishes on the sale. I'm sure I did it wrong but I figured without me there wasn't much of a business to sell. I'm getting a cut on jobs coming from my leads, but that's about it. Small tree guys come and go on an annual basis around here and nobody remembers your name for more than a year anyway.

Oh my mind is whirring with the future Stephen!
I'm excited but one thing at a time...

John Wow! They do grow dont they. Mine is in 5th grade about to enter middle school... 6-8th..

Yeah Brian... yo6ure right most people remember a great low price deal more than anything.. tons of young and old guys coming up... with lower prices.. I bet you're happier out of your business? You're still full of knowledgeable info and a yearn to research what you dont know... :)

Back