How'd it go today?

These are what I was talking about Paul. $180, no compressor, no bags to blow, easy to install!:P

http://www.truckspring.com/timbren_285.html?affid=5

I had a wild ride today. I was told at 10:30 that we are working on the shear tomorow, but we need a torch to heat up the backgauge and straighten it. They didn't want to pony up the money for a kit. SOOOOOOOOOOO............ I got a full tank of gas, I got my bottles filled, and I got paid overtime to get them filled, so we can use my torch (rosebud) to heat it up.

THEN I got to go look at some trees. YES!!!! I actually get to do some tree work this weekend!!! Three pines, stuck back in the corner of a lot with fence on two sides. One has a bad lean towards the fence, so I will have to blow the top, but the others have a nice shot at a clear L/Z, BUT, it's supposed to be 35mph winds with gusts tomorow, so if I get to it, I may have to chunk them all down!

These are what I was talking about Paul. $180, no compressor, no bags to blow, easy to install!:P

http://www.truckspring.com/timbren_285.html?affid=5

I had a wild ride today. I was told at 10:30 that we are working on the shear tomorow, but we need a torc to heat up the backgauge and straighten it. They didn't want to pony up the money for a kit. SOOOOOOOOOOO............ I got a full tank of gas, I go my bottles filled, and I got paid overtime to get them filled, so we can use my torch (rosebud) to heat it up.

See if you can bill them for the gas costs. I know that stuff isn't cheap. I spent 35 on an MC cylinder of Acetylene and an R of Oxygen. I know a set of bigger tanks is in my future.

See if you can bill them for the gas costs. I know that stuff isn't cheap. I spent 35 on an MC cylinder of Acetylene and an R of Oxygen. I know a set of bigger tanks is in my future.

No Jay, you missed it:lol: They sent a guy with me and he put it on the company P card!!! It's paid for, same as when he pulled out the P card to pay for my gas at the Q/T:)

the 1/2 is feeling a lot softer and spongier than I expected.

Paul going from that older 3/4 ton Ford to your new Chey half ton is going to feel really soft. Chevy's ride smooth sit back and enjoy the ride. A set of timbrens or airbags either one will be fine. I have airbags all around in my plow truck and timbrens in the back of my other 1 ton dually and I prefer the airbags and their adjustability myself, deflated you get stock ride. I just messed up that stock ride by adding a couple extra leafs to my truck :|:.

Paul going from that older 3/4 ton Ford to your new Chey half ton is going to feel really soft. Chevy's ride smooth sit back and enjoy the ride. A set of timbrens or airbags either one will be fine. I have airbags all around in my plow truck and timbrens in the back of my other 1 ton dually and I prefer the airbags and their adjustability myself, deflated you get stock ride. I just messed up that stock ride by adding a couple extra leafs to my truck :|:.

so whats the 411? who, where and whats best if I want to get a bit stiffer ride and handle a few more pounds?

Good to know going from the super stiff crappy ride to the cadillac style rolling on the waves isnt abnormal. :)
FWIW, I pinned it off a light today and had the back tires squealing for mercy :D gotta do it once, right?

oh and I went to Lordco and bought the K & N filter for it right away. Better airflow is mo betta. Also I bought a roll of that meshy, rubbery stuff you put in the drawers to keep stuff from moving around and cut pieces for the bottom of the door pockets and other cubby holes and storage place in the truck.

Priced a headache rack and bedrails, about a grand all round for headache rack, both bedrails and a removable back bar unit (I am thinking for ladder hauling).

Logo maker guy is mocking up new vinyls for the doors and tailgate.

Should be non-issue for the suspension beef-up. You should have plenty of shops down there that would handle that for you. For do it yourself Timbrens are a snap, airbags you're gonna be drilling some holes in the frame more than likely routing some airlines/fittings so not so easy without airtools/shop of some sort.

I would just call around and get a few quotes and I would go with airbags as I said before, better imo. But will definetly cost you more to start. I don't have a onboard compressor of any sort and I didn't do any fancy routing of the airlines. My filler's for the airbags are right in the wheel well, minimal fittings and lines less to go wrong imo. Yes I do have to reach in the wheel well to fill, empty or adjust though. Not a problem with my Ford a little tighter probably on your Chevy though.

so you fill at the service station then? I guess that sounds like the most affordable option. A compressor starts to sound like money. I dont have the tools to do that kinda thing for myself, maybe I will check for a suspension shop locally. The tire guys I deal with might be a good start.
Thanks Squashie!

Back