How'd it go today?

did a small job this am then baby sat so the wife culd get her hair done. met with a local climber and hes gonna try out tommorrow, easy job but thats ok

dug and burlapped 25 six to eight foot cedars (ok, my two helpers did most of the work but I was there...), bought a new truck. got home at 730pm to a plate of cold perogies.

Yea, you snuck that right in there!

its nothing special, '04 Chev Sierra, nevada edition (which I cant figure out what that adds...) ext cab, 4x4, standard box, 1/2 ton Today I am looking in to overloads or airbags to bump the weight handling a bit, new logo decals for the doors and tailgate, headache rack and bars/rails for the bed as my old ones that I stripped off the Ford (tired, '95 F250) are for a long box. I may be able to re-use the headache rack if things work out right, just have to get the measuring tape out.

A/c and cruise but manual locks and windows. Its a working truck, I am happy with it. I am going to get the logos on then take a couple snappy pics to share with y'all.

off to work! :D

Got up late as usual.That 2 AM getting off works kinda wears me out .

I've been tweaking saws for a GTG . A few more and I'll be done,at least for know. Oh,always something to do,you never get finished.

Before hot weather hits I have to replace my geothermal,I'm really looking forward to that .:(

How much is that going to run Al and what all does it involve? We still have several years before that time comes.

Look into the Timberons Paul, I put a set on my old F-150 and really liked them! They just replace the original bump stops for the rearend and are designed to get firmer them more you load the truck. Around $150 a set and really easy to install. I was very happy with them, the only complaint was when the truck was empty when you hit a bump hard you would hit on them instead of having all the travel you were used to not a biggie though.

Well,I have a have a 5 ton Hydro-Delta unit right now that the exchanger went bad because of sulpher water.It has a copper exchanger but I got 7 or 8 years out of it ,used when I bought it .

What I need is a cupra -nickle heat exchanger because I run this thing on straight well water not a closed loop. I priced a Trane 5 ton at about 3500 wholesale .Now,if I can find somebody to slip say 500 in their pocket I may go that route.I'll be damned if I'll pay some plumbing contractor about double wholesale price to order one and have not a dime it other than a phone call .:what:

I've been at this game way too long to be hornswaggled by some contractor. I may be some dumb not plumb dumb .

Oh,I'll do all the installation myself. I put in the last one including making and installing the duct work .[I wear a lot of hats,so to speak ];)

Well, I didn't puke this morning, sure wanted to though!!!

Had a very interestingly weird day! They did the numbers at work, take a wild guess at what they spent last year on forklift repair (I'll post the answer later), so they are looking at pulling me out and sending me to forklift mechanic school? I've never heard of such a thing, but hey, they pay, and I get more $ at the end of the day:lol:

I cannot believe the amount of money this place will just blow on a whim, it kills me!!

I hear you on the A/C Frans but around here we might need it for about two weeks a year, I would be better off with doubled windshield wipers and goretex seatcovers! :)

Congrats on the truck Paul!:)

Paul I'm super happy with the airbags in my truck, of course a couple extra leafs in each side didn't hurt either but man oh man if you don't need the extra leafs don't do it. I've been considering putting my sander back in the truck for summer she's so damn stiff.

Deadwooded two willows today, no pucker factor for me though like Bivy had. I just flew the bucket.:D

You guys are killing me!!! Come on, just for the heck of it take a guess at what they spent on forklift and sideloader repair last year!!! This is fun, I promise!!!!:lol:

Back