How'd it go today?

Yah I just fill at the gas stations and have had zero issue with leakage. Somedays bouncing around in my Ford I sure miss that independent front end, nice truck.

I hear ya. After about 20km's and a few speed bumps I was starting to get really nervous that the handling ability of the new Chev was WAY less than the old Ford. So far the box size hasnt been a big deal, I had a toolbox in the bed before and I think it may have taken about the same amount of room I lost lengthwise. Gotta rig something to hold the pole tools though, they are longer than the box.

I am thinking of rigging a piece of 6" PVC pipe in the box with no end caps, kind of at an angle from top of tailgate to base of front of bed.

I went to the nursery to pickup the trees that I was supposed to plant today and was told they have to be inspected by the county ag commissioner guy. That he has been called and hasn't made it there yet. So I sharpened up my big stumpgrinder and went to Los BAnos and ground the five stumps from my removal the other day.

Paul
If you are going to go air bags look at the Firestone's. Less drilling than the Airlift brand. Also seem to have a better designed bracket.

I have a set of the Firestone's on a 2002 dodge. I do like them.
But the timbrens are simple. No getting some where and then thinking you want more air in the bags.
But to be honest I keep 8-10 psi in the bags. By the time it sets down a little, you most times do not need to add more air. And the volume is so low that a bike pump will fill them easily.

FWIW I have the Firestone brand and collapsed one of their brackets this winter. I was only slightly overloaded though.:D

I have 6 Firestone bags rated to handle 7klbs each with 14" of stroke sitting out in the shop. A project that hasn't came to fruit yet.

I was thinking plumb the bags so you could fill them with a cigarette lighter powered air compressor that you can also use to fill tires, wheel barrows, ect. Mine are rated for up to 300psi and have a 100% duty cycle.

I have 6 Firestone bags rated to handle 7klbs each with 14" of stroke sitting out in the shop. A project that hasn't came to fruit yet.

I was thinking plumb the bags so you could fill them with a cigarette lighter powered air compressor that you can also use to fill tires, wheel barrows, ect. Mine are rated for up to 300psi and have a 100% duty cycle.

Are these for the A-1 Abrams?:D

Spent four hours working on the shear today, ot it pretty close, considering it was glowing red and had a forkift with about 2k pounds resting on the top of it to square it up!!!

Left work came home and grabbed the saws to blow out the pine tree's. Went fairly well, my 192 took a crap and wont run now:X so I had to finish the climbing with the 350, old reliable saves the day again!
I went to cut the second tree, fairly easy drop, a little back lean to it. Cut the face, made a back cut and tried to wede it. Too much hinge. Pulled the wedges and cut again. (18" tree) Pulled the saw out to set the wedges again and the wind comes up and sets it back:X I had to throw in a bull line, not easy in a pine, bu it pulled right over:)
The third tree, on the north and the wind out of the south at 25ish by now, I climbed and set a line to start with8) Yeah, it came down like cake!!!!
I thought this was a freebie for the wife's friend, but he was insistant on paying:D
They even said I made it lok easy, shows what they know:P
Two hours, three of them shagging brush and cleaning up, I got $300, I've got nothing to bitch about:lol:

I am BEAT though!!!!!!
Off to the mall to pick up my repaired watch now.

I "pruned" an olive tree this afternoon. My Dad helped me. Freakin had olive juice all over everything and all over the sidewalk all the way out to the street.

I have a 192T also and mine isn't as dependable as the 200.

Did a couple of quotes today. Still working on putting one together and bagged the other one.

Pines are starting to die around here and people are getting nervous. :D Heh I'm a logger sorry not a treehugger. This is value added logging imo very few trees needed to make the wages.

I had good intentions of digging up a footer drain that got cut into several years ago.Well after about half hour on the end of that shovel has convinced me to rent a baby hoe for the job.

Soooo,I'm going to do a simple port job on an 038 Av instead .If I get'er done I'll post it here on today or later if it comes to that .

How'd it go today...not to pretty!

As odds have it I buy a brand new $6500 motocross bike friday. So today I decide to take it to the track in my Toyota.

Great day, fun as hell, until I left. So the Toyota starts throwing a mean knock/ping...I said f-it, I am making this thing go home (30 minutes away). All this time the engine is yelling, sputtering, no balls, doing 20mph max on flat. I am blowing stop signs, and red lights so this thing doesn't die on the street. As odds have it I pull into my driveway and it gives out a lovely cloud of white smoke, along with shutting off.

So I pulled it up the driveway with the Ford and parked it. So I have a brand new dirtbike, and a bum DD. I can drive the Ford but it eats fuel. White smokes would explain a HG but the ping/knock is what gets me. I can do a HG in 6 hrs, not biggy...

I'm bummed.

:Xhead gasket?....

I hauled 8, 5year olds up a tree....peapod's Bday, the BIG 5!!!!!!

Happy birthday Peapod!
laola.gif
laola.gif

soon as I down load pics I'll post em'. Right now the stress level of many pocket people running round is gone....yeehaw. I'm chillin. Chip, you gonna be a judge at the WWC comp?

I was having a GREAT day, until her highness cam home and procedded to "explain" that I needed to do some things for her tonight?

Yeah, carry a futon out of a house, load it in a truck, and carry it in another house by youreself sometime.

I think I am a bit past cranky right now:X

Back