How'd it go today?

Steve, Quit whining. Suck it up . Be a man. Do your job. Laugh at pain. Work hard AND smart. Keep it all in perspective. You only have 1*

Very good eating but,probably due to the musk and Will Shakespeare's "Familiarity breeds contempt" observation of human behavior, they have a reputation as inedible in areas where they are common---oft repeated by people who have never eaten one. I'd rather eat Javelina than Venison or Pork.

Good day today six hours earned enough to go around. Was working out of town today on a old farm property. When I was done I decided to take a back road to town and ended up having a dude who was taking down a birch tree flagging me down. At first I thought oh great, I wanted to get to town early and get everything cleaned up. It turned out to be a old budddy of mine who I used to work with on the coast, small world we live in. 8)

I went to the NAPA in Patterson to get a electric switch that I ordered for my stump grinder and it wasn't the right one. I ended up going to the Vermeer dealer in Sacramento for the switch. Picked up my new motor mounts for my truck engine swap and took them out to my cousin. Put $90 of gas in my PU on the way home.

did some 'skirt raising' yesterday, and some hedging (ok, the helper did the hedge while I did the skirt raising and other pruning) ...8)

Attachments

• P3191822.JPG
    P3191822.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 6
  • P3191818.JPG
    P3191818.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P3191815.JPG
    P3191815.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 5
then a dogwood pruning, deep root fertigation and a trip home. nap with the boy, dinner with the wife and chilling with the wife and boy whilest surfing the net. :)

its all good.

Attachments

• P3191848 (Large).JPG
    P3191848 (Large).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
  • P3201856.JPG
    P3201856.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 6
  • P3091727.JPG
    P3091727.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 5
Well, went to my underbid job this morning to finish up a Spruce. When I left this morning the wind was do-able, got it skinned halfway up and bam. Got hit with probably 40mph wind gust. It was pushing my body all around, not just the tree. The wind actually helped getting some of the lowers away from the neighbors lines though.

Now the tree stands half skinned, hope she don't fall! :O Homeowner was worried, I'm not too much, I've seen worse.

then a dogwood pruning, deep root fertigation and a trip home. nap with the boy, dinner with the wife and chilling with the wife and boy whilest surfing the net. :)

its all good.

Paul, your little guy looks just like you! I can't believe he is already holding his head up! That is great.

Three cuts with a crane and that's it for today. I almost feel guilty taking the money.

Almost.

My minimum changes according to the client and the situation (or my mood), but yes I wont roll out of the yard if I don't get a certain amount

V... yup, he holds his head up for a fair while. I am uploading a short vid from the other night to youtube. further info as able. ;)

edit: I am now painting again but here is the short vid of the man doing his exercises... :D
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrq_xcD6AcE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrq_xcD6AcE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I put my masonry skills to work today fixing a driveway that we cracked last week. I'll post the after pics as soon as I get them.

Attachments

• Hazen1.jpg
    Hazen1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Hazen2.jpg
    Hazen2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 38
Back