How'd it go today?

my hedge trimmer stalled three times today, after running full out for like 8 to 10 minutes when I let off the throttle it died straight off. took a few pulls to get it rolling again. not sure if its a prob or just user error.

I need to get a mini grease gun and grease the articulating head gearbox thingie.

I hate hedges.

and FWIW,
I hate hedges.

Yes at first I thought hedges were cool because it's sort of like immediate gratification. Now not so much, tomorrow morning I do a hedge yee haw :)

That sucks Willie. It sounded like that guys was working out pretty good.

yeah it does suck but ive known it was coming. he hates driving over the mountain everyday, i even give him 30 bucks per diem for fuel. anyway he took a job near home, if he doesnt like it i may tempt him back as he enjoys this.
still sick eh? maybe ill buzz ya sometime in the morn while im observing the new hire

Played in a little poop today. Installed a septic tank and tied into the old fields. Watched as the excavator ripped 3/4 of the roots out from a hickory tree adjacent the tank. I try not to be an arborist on a excavation job but its hard not to.

took an all day allan block retaining wall installation seminar today with one of my guys. learned a bit, looking to open new revenue streams. I have made a few walls with the stuff before but nothing major.

Now we know more and can build it better! :D and it was free with a free lunch!

Killed a couple more pines today. Got yelled at by a lady, I couldn't hear all she said something about violating federal law. Kind of a drive-by yelling, as soon as she finished she was getting in her car and slammed the door. Subsidized housing = some crazies.

two we have pretty tall valleys all around that no one lives on so I'm figuring that's where they hit when we do get a storm

What is that a Canadian thing? Tall valleys? Us Yankees would call it a tall hill, ridge, mountain.

Darin it is probably time to clean(throw away) the spark arrestor screen in the hedger.--They splooge up rather fiercely.

I think this is what Stumper was talking about when he said he had the distinct advantage of not being Canadian.:D

I killed my last three pine trees today. The sensitive climber came back today and did fine. I didn't want to say anything because everything ws going OK. Start on the stumps tomorrow.

Glad to hear, Steve. Did it cost much to get him back?

It didn't cost me anything extra. The guy who lined him up for me told him to quit being a whiny bitch and go finish my job or he would never recommend him to anyone again.

Back