How'd it go today?

Here's a couple of more of that oak snake. Then right after that about 30 ft down the road from where the oak snake crossed the road we found a canebrake rattler that somebody had just run over. Definitely snake country.

Attachments

• 20201010_173020.jpg
    20201010_173020.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201010_173023.jpg
    20201010_173023.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201010_180709.jpg
    20201010_180709.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
How are them kids handling everything Kyle?

They are doing ok. I'm staying at my mom's so i can have the medical attention i need for now (my mom and sister are both nurses), so they come over all day. They are kinda used to me pipelining, so the hospital stay actually didn't bother them much. They had fun wearing grandma and mom out today :lol:

They are doing ok. I'm staying at my mom's so i can have the medical attention i need for now (my mom and sister are both nurses), so they come over all day. They are kinda used to me pipelining, so the hospital stay actually didn't bother them much. They had fun wearing grandma and mom out today :lol:

Kids are tougher than hell.

Glad you got a good support unit.

Here either...we've lost scads of wildlife over the years.

Today was the last official open day at the golf course.
Time to start working on shutting down now. I'm ready after 7 mornings/week since April.
Plenty to do around here to keep me busy...I've let a lot go this Summer.

Didn't do much today. Got some groceries this morning, and I've been hanging around the house. Gloomy out. Haven't see the sun all day. 10°-20° cooler, and the day would have been perfect. Thought about tackling the apple tree, but I'll wait til it's cooler. I have til next spring, and I don't want to blow out all the fun stuff early in the season. Won't have anything for later.

Did some pruning yesterday until 3 and then picked up the bobcat and brush mower. Went home and ate dinner with the family before rushing out to head south. Was making good time and was gonna arrive before dark until I saw the tread from a trailer tire go flying. Called our tire guy with no answer. Called the number for roadside and was told a tech would be calling. After a half hour the guy pretty much said I was screwed. Still holding air and I was off the interstate so I just shifted the load and limped it another 30 miles to my destination. Regular tire guy called me back and offered to meet me half way with a pair of used but good “take offs”. Kept it off the books so I got half a service call for $100.00. Glad he gave me an extra tire. Five miles from home and another let loose. I just finished swapping that one out so I can take the loader back to work tomorrow. My good deed of brush mowing where I go camping has not been pleasant but I’m sure it’s appreciated. I’m gonna upgrade tires this winter when I replace the brakes I guess.
also my wife broke the shower head somehow. That was a quick fix. I keep a few handy because of our mineral water. Just plugs them up. Having a spare makes it easy to change out while one is soaking

Well, we did the heart transplant. Started her up. Shaking like a sumbeech.
Took a closer look and the motor platform, wheel motor tunnel it attaches too and a few other places had broken welds. Pulled the motor back out and got to it. Already had the tomb stone out for the leaf spring mount on the smaller dump trailer. Got that and the tire issues straightened out yesterday. Left the welder at the ready in case i could get to the jack on the chipper as a weld cracked there from a sideload during a set up on goofy ground.
Take the John Deere to work tomorrow and finish welding tomorrow.
Just sort of working around the wheel motors for now. I can weld the critical points without pulling them (a real biatch btw). And touch up some cracks and do some metal bending. Hit too many damn rocks and stumps i guess.
I think ill freshen up the motor we took out. Found a spring broke and with some new rings, be a good back up. 20201011_122053.jpg 20201011_143415.jpg 20201011_143418.jpg 20201011_143426.jpg

We do most our own repairs and maintenance Cory. Very few mechanics you can even trust up here and those are hard pressed to turn work out fast enough to keep rolling. Hydraulics is a real issue up here. Just not enough parts or support. If you need it, pull it apart and out and run it 1-2 hours out for the fix or parts match. We only have one auto parts in town now when we used to have 3. O Reillys can make hoses, but are lacking in fittings, so a hose can be a 3 day event easy. I can run an hour out and come back with it the same day elsewhere.

Friday/Saturday Tool auction report:

I bought a Billy Goat (walk behind leaf blower) with a Subaru Robin engine on it for clearing the leaves off the ball fields out at the day camp, a Bosch plunge router for $70, two Porter-Cable belt sanders for $47.50, two Lufkin X46F inside measure carpenter rules for $5, a 75 ft 30amp/240volt heavy extension cord (single phase, twist lock) for $17.50, a 15 ton railroad jack for $75, three Victor regulators, two replacement gauges, a Harris regulator, a torch handle, a box of tips and welding wrenches for $27.50, seven brand-new-in-the-box Lomanco Whirlybird turbine ventilators for the barns and lumber shed - all seven for $15, and 30 new 65watt equivalent PAR38 LED bulbs for $10.

No 200T, as the bids were crazy high, but I did get an almost-right-off-the-shelf 290 for $210 - maybe a tank of gas run through it; the guy bought a lot of stuff, most of it still in original boxes, unopened or used once - the air filter wasn't even dirty, and one little scuff on the bottom, and most the metal on the muffler wasn't even heated up enough to burn off the factory finish. It had fumes in the tank so it wouldn't start, but had good compression; - came home gassed and oiled it and it started on the second pull, strong running saw.

Most fun I had was when I helped an 88 year old load up a table saw he'd bought, and a then the 92 year old farmer from up the road saw me helping and asked for a hand loading his new to him (but very old) Lincoln buzz-box he had won with a $20 bid. There were a few fresh corn husks in the bottom of his pickup bed, and I asked if he had run home and had corn with his lunch; he smiled, and said, yes, - he staggers planting three varieties in his garden so he gets corn for weeks longer than others around here...

Back