How'd it go today?

Awesome dogs. One of my dads friends used to breed them. She had 5 or 6 full grown dogs. One day we went up there when my oldest, Haakon was about 5, there was what looked like a load of mini polar bears running about. Cute as a cute thing.

Had a shit start to the morning. Turned up at a job to remove 4 reasonable easy pine trees. Hard part was getting everything from the top of the small cliff to the bottom without losing and then careering down the hill.

Anyway, I didn’t even get to start the job. As we were trudging up the steep incline, I was having to pass saws up and fuel can to the next level. Reach full length with my right arm, fuel can in hand and at that point my legs went. I have a feeling I sublax’d my shoulder. Felt it suck out then back in. Definitely not a full dislocation but bloody hurt, and tweaked everything.

I had a decent range of movement, as I tested it to make sure it wasn’t out. 30 mins later it had stiffened up to the point of barely been able to move my arm.

Been at home since and iced it a few times, luckily I still had some strong pain killers left from the dislocation last year.

Annoying thing is, it is the right shoulder this time. The left one is solid as a rock.

I guess every cloud and all that, as the saying goes... at least I’m know what rehab exercises I need to do.

Still sucks balls though! :(

Turned up to do a bastard hedge lowering job.

30 odd feet off a cupressus hedge for some Canadians who are off soon and needed it done before going back.

I turned up with my 25 year old nephew and a 62 year old regular who never lets me down.

Client says to my nephew ‘are you the one who’s going up there?’

’no’ he says ‘he is’ pointing at me, she actually laughed out loud at this greying old man, bloody cheek!

Anyway, job done, chèque banked,

Yes, that’s a bugger Rich.
You were a few months off with the left one weren’t you?

Yeah, and some! Dislocated it on the 22 January last year. Went back to work full time on the 5th of January 2020.

The way it works over here they allow for partial return to work. To test if your at
Match fitness. I started working a couple of days a week in the September 2020 and the slowly going back, doing more until fully fit.

I had visions of Deja vu as I laid there on the rocks today.

That's bullshit Jim. I guess that's a state thing? I seem to remember Baltimore(MD as a whole?) setting it up so the card could be used at farmers markets. Dunno how popular it is. I like to stand in line(socially distanced!), and silently judge people by the shit in their carts. There's a good bit of people, with a good amount of shit in their carts :^D

Job this morning was a PITA. Whoever drew/designed the culvert they wanted rough staked today should be kicked in the balls. They didn't include enough dimensions, so I had to compute it wrong, then move it as a block of points. I might have been able to derive the location through some triangle magic, but I wasn't seeing it at the time. I'm starting to think these guys assume everyone uses CAD now(I don't), and just twiddles pixels on a screen, cause some plans have gotten a little shittier where it's harder to place things just using math.

I got paid today! Between me leaving early/being otherwise unavailable on Fridays, and the boss claiming poverty, I accumulated five paychecks. Not a huge deal, but I was out of $20s. Fully loaded again for small transactions, and I feel rich :^D

Rich, man, that does suck but you the man, you got this, this too shall pass.

Good post Mick. Worthy of adding to the Quote thread but you are already starting to overrun that thread, lol.

Carrots, no, chips, yes. The govt at work, Jim.

Really surprised us.

We got a 330 dollar EBT card for each kid this summer.

We are in the broke ass school lunch program, so our Governor sent out these cards during the shut down.

My vote is for sale....just like anyone's.

Anyway....we bought the cards from the kids to use for groceries.

Just like the "box tops" program....this EBT is bullshit!

Junk food basically.

I bought a big bag of spinach. Nope.

Brussel sprouts? Nope.....I dont blame them for that though.

Well today is breaking my ass today. Dingo engine gave it up and we barely got it on the trailer. Kind of made the day shorter though. Diminishing returns. Already had the new motor delivered anticipating this and it was slated to get installed this weekend. Pulling the dingo into the job site yesterday, spring mount on the rear axle broke. Wish I had noticed that when I replaced the spring on the front axle that broke earlier. SO I have to run into the valley tomorrow and get a new mount to weld in. The roads out here are brutal on suspension. So we were limping along home. Katy calls while I am in the bank. She has a flat tire on the way to pick up Lilly from her new volunteer job at the SPCA. SO I go get Lilly, find Katy and the tire is fubar. Lower the spare. Its flat. Run tire to my shop, too much crap in the bead to seat the bead proper, but it will get her home. Went back and followed her home. Friggen roads are falling apart. Probably one of the pot holes that took out two tires and an axle on the aforementioned trailer.
As I am washing down the Dingo for the engine swap, the power washer gave it up. Also noticed a torn track on the Dingo. Living the life.

... Junk food basically.

I bought a big bag of spinach. Nope.

Brussel sprouts? Nope.....I dont blame them for that though.

That has to be the retailer, Jim. The EBT cards do cover all food, just not cooked stuff, but selection can be limited at the retailers discretion.

Back