How'd it go today?

New 026 is at work. I wanted to run the PoulanPro out of gas to prep it for likely long term storage, and went out to cut some downed oak limbs. Ran perfectly. I swear to god I'm being trolled...

edit:
Holy shit I'm pissed. Went to change the oil, and the fuckin' chimps at the half baked shop we take our stuff to changed the oil without consent last time it was in there. They were supposed to fix the god damned tuning, but his monkeys "didn't notice anything wrong" in a test drive. Computer? OBDII????? That's black magic or something I guess... Drain plug was on waaay too tight, oil filter was on waaaaaaaaaaay too tight, and I had to jamb a screwdriver through it to get it off. This wasn't the first time it's been done, I'm gonna burn his fuckin' house down if he touches my oil again...

Last edited:
5358655776e578786e58917ed651ef0e.jpg

and right into lawnmower woes...

Holy hell, what a day. Made my grass shorter for hopefully the last time today, and I lost the ability to turn right 100%. I've had issues all year. I bent the front axle tube, and it might even be broken, so I get hyperturning to the left, and until today very little to the right. I made due cause I didn't want to fix it to the point nothing worked, and end up screwed for grass season. Well, today I finally had to deal with it, at least on a temporary basis. Ended up putting an iron bar through the front suspension, cranking the axle shaft upright, then jamming a piece of rebar between the tube and the frame, and tie wiring it in place. Lasted just long enough to get the grass done.

I'll have to fool with it before next grass shortening season. I'm thinking maybe clamp an iron bar to the shaft with some Ubolts should keep it place. I'll check first to what buying the part will cost, but it's probably more than I want to spend on it.

Got home a little early today, and wanted to get started stripping my garage door. Using a 3M drill pad, and it sucks. Same as my previous experience with them. Sanding discs seem to be virtually unobtanium. Found one I've used before on amazon. Guess I'll have to order from them.

Got home a little early today, and wanted to get started stripping my garage door. Using a 3M drill pad, and it sucks. Same as my previous experience with them. Sanding discs seem to be virtually unobtanium. Found one I've used before on amazon. Guess I'll have to order from them.

I'd consider new doors...that sort of rehab maintenance often results in many hours spent resulting in piss poor results. Don't need to ask me how I know, do you? :D

Last edited:
Yep. In this case her husband recently died, this is a tree they planted together, and you don’t question matters of the heart; just nod and do as you’re asked (ask how I know and how many years ago I learned that lesson!). 😊

Cherry...life expectancy of anything she might make of it will be less than 10 years, no matter how fine a sculpture she might make of it.

Peeps be funny, off times :). City folks, even more so in my experience.

I didn't get my hand operated on last thursday.
Some major miscommunication between the hospital and myself.
Since work was already resceduled and the mail order bride had taken the week off in anticipation of a family visit with grandkids and all from Schweiz, which got cancelled by Corona, we decided to take a trip to the west coast and visiut ALL the light houses between Blåvands Huk og Skagen.
My Swiss lady is fascinated by light houses, but then Schweiz doesn't have very many, of course.
3½ days on the road, 12 lighthouses and the dog got to play in the ocean countless times.
P1070790.JPG P1070791.JPG P1070804.JPG P1070812.JPG P1070821.JPG P1070830.JPG P1070858.JPG P1070866.JPG P1070879.JPG P1070887.JPG

There's an older guy in town here that has traveled to every lighthouse in our State and done pencil sketches of each of them. He was really good at it and sold prints of them to supplement his retirement.

Moon was beautiful about noon today! Never seen it so bright during the day when the Sun was out.
I got in about three hours this morning...I'll check back in in a couple days...we're having a really nice week weather wise, but things are winding down for the season.

Do you know what those strange breakwaters are in the last picture? Regular spacing in a natural environment looks pretty surreal

Back