How'd it go today?

I stuck a chain saw file into the palm of my hand once. I had gloves on but that didn't help. Should have a handle on it. Dohhhhhh
I hate it when that happens, in a pinch you can use a piece of small limb as a handle.

Good on you for the Baldricks J, but I dont put no ice in my good whiskey, irish, scottish or not, its straight, room temp and tasty! :)

but you do what you gotta do dude, to each their own!

It is a sin to put that whiskey in the fridge!

But I notice you also drink diet coke so, well your already doomed :P

Today's Carnage. I don't know what I was thinking when I bid it, shoulda been double! Whatever, 3 minutes from my house, and will get 2 more jobs and a fence job for my brother out of it.

Attachments

• 3-15-08 001.jpg
    3-15-08 001.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 3-15-08 002.jpg
    3-15-08 002.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 10
I try really hard not to notice how badly underbid a job is as it makes my day suck that much more.

"Excuse me, which one of you is in charge?"
"That big guy over there repeatedly kicking himself as he walks around the job site."

Absolutely! I have to just put it out of my mind or I will try and hurry and end up wrecking something and making matters worse.

It's best just to get in and get out and hopefully NOT do anything like that again anytime soon.

I agree with all the above posts. It's been a while since I have been in a saddle all day long, so besides my arms feeling like jelly all day, I was in the baddest mood. Luckily the homeowner was mega cool, and my friends father hung out all day (he is ripping out the stumps). Their good moods kept my spirits up.

I guess its something I will learn eventually. Gonna take a few- overbid/underbid cycles before I get it.

I had one more tree left and I said screw it, I'm coming back before I get hurt.

Just one of those days. :X

i bid and won a school job to do over spring break, then saw the other bids and how much i left on the table :cry: oh well i think i can do it fine

I have my family coming over today for a birthday party for my Mother. I"m stressing out over the timing of the thing. My daughter has a 3 hr. drive tonight after the party so she wants to have it a little earlier and my wife wants to have it later as it gives her more time to do things. If I have my meat done at 4:30 like I said and the rest of the stuff isn't done then the meat isn't as good.

i bid and won a school job to do over spring break, then saw the other bids and how much i left on the table :cry: oh well i think i can do it fine

Ouch, that's not a good feeling. I hope it works out for you.

The Marathon Seafood Festival is today and tomorrow, I was there till 1 today volunteering. We sponsored the event and provided the palm fronds for the entry way! This was actually quite an honor as John and I have been going to this festival for years. We started out going as vendors from Orlando, selling sterling silver jewelry to finance our trips to the keys while we figured out a way to live here. Lots of good food, good music and just a good time.

Attachments

• DSCN3983.JPG
    DSCN3983.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN3985-1.JPG
    DSCN3985-1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 32
At the back entrance gate, taking admission money. The back gate backs up to the marina, so we got mostly people cruising through on boats that are moored in the harbor. Mostly older folks lucky enough to be cruising the islands on their sailboats!

I bailed out a sweetgum so fast my rope caught on my saw and pulled my saw into my elbow, a small cut but it still hurt.I initally thought it was the dogs on the 200 that cut and banged my elbow, now I think it may have been the chisle tooth on the chain.
A 40 ton today.

I should have put something on it to stop the bleed maybe need superglue in the truck. We started about 12 noon. I really wanted to save these tree, the power company install a pole while we were there.

Attachments

• Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 7
Today I passed my PAL(possession and acquisition licence) for non-restricted and restricted firearms. Now I gotta wait for the paperwork to be processed and I'm legal for rifles, shotguns and handguns.8)

Ha ha ha, a few more hoops to jump through up here but a upright citizen like myself can still arm themselves. Learned alot about what's actually strict up here and what isn't. Hand gun use/transport is highly restrictive here, sucks imo. Bleeding heart special interest groups continously drum up bs stats to try and eliminate handguns, people like myself aren't committing crimes and the people that are aren't using legal guns.

RJS I did hump most the wood from the back fence. If one was hurt cutting all the trees I'd surely hump them on my shoulder at least to the road. I hate it most when other guys get cramps and not me.I told them I was sorry for them getting cramps today

Back