How'd it go today?

Worked with my brother, the fence guy, the last 2 days. We are building a customer a custom arbor/pergola out of very old salvaged barn timbers. Took a lot of time trying to figure out the cuts to get these thing situated.

Day one we lifted the first beam up top, just about had a hernia :X. So today we took MY tools. Hoisted that baby right up. Finished the day with the beam up, bolted in, with faux pegs to hide the steel bolts. Monday we gotta cut all the top beams with a whirly do at the end.

Oh, started the day with a screw driver stabbed through my palm :X.

Attachments

• arbor 005.jpg
    arbor 005.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • arbor 006.jpg
    arbor 006.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 8
  • arbor 011.jpg
    arbor 011.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
  • arbor 012.jpg
    arbor 012.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 9
Cool project.

I am home sick procrastinating on doing some bids and banking. My head feels like it wants to explode but I don't want to get behind on my bids.

ODOT? Is it contagious? That sounds pretty bad Willie. I am sure penicillin will clear that up.

Aside from the SHEAR PANIC of not being able to find the Treehouse this evening, I had a rather lovely day!

TS

I finally got out for my bids just as the thunder, lighting and hail showed up. I got a $750 job that would be quick and easy with a Hobbs or GRCS, to bad work here does not seem to merit their expense.

Steve, what kind of trees are just beyond your garden? They look like some sort of fruit tree's.

Those are the neighbor's almond trees Virginia They are just finishing blooming and it looks like they will be loaded again this year. I think they are 7 years old or so. There was peaches there before the almonds. They were pretty yummy also.

My contract climber guy doesn't want to work for me anymore because he says that I am mad at him. WTH, I love the guy, or I did anyway. My bucket truck is still a week off or so and I'm not in the mood for any drama. Well I'm never in the mood for drama, but you know what I mean He speaks no english what so ever so I"m sure there could be a communication problem in telling him that I'm not mad at him. One trouble is that I am mad at him now. I'm about 3/4 of the way through a 16K job and am salivating thinking of the payday. I'm torn weather to try and climb these trees myself or to concentrate on getting my truck together. If I only had to climb the trees it wouldn't be so bad but my guys are equipment retards and only one of them has a drivers license. So I have to load the stuff and haul it to the dump. Am I whining? My kid would be really good help right now but he is in the middle of trying to finish all his homework to finish high school and I don't want to hinder that. He is finally taking his work seriously(yahoo).

I can't imagine attempting to work with someone who doesn't understand the wurdz that are coming outta my mouth.

Attachments

• haircut.JPG
    haircut.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
I've got a headache and four new stitches in my finger.
Other tha that, my day pretty well...............

SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, WHY is the whiskey in the fridge? thats for room temp serving soldier, not coolerizing! 8)
had me a can of Guinness this eve, nice stuff, but hard to get the 2 minute pour to work.

Good on you for the Baldricks J, but I dont put no ice in my good whiskey, irish, scottish or not, its straight, room temp and tasty! :)

but you do what you gotta do dude, to each their own!

Back