How'd it go today?

I assume that is referring just to your wrist...'cause you got lots of OTHER problems, bro! :D

Great news...cool you got to be conscious during the procedure...and all women working on you. Living the life.

Tell me you weren't conscious for the operation!!!

Got Dahlia to school on time. Sheesh can she stall progress when she wants to. Academically fine, socially getting along well, recess...kicks butt on the various monkey bars. Its loud and full of commotion, with lots of pressures to follow rules, go here to math, there to reading, assemblies...

Drank coffee with a customer-friend, Susan. Retired Army. Does her own ground work. Traumatic brain injury from having her legs knocked out from under her by her dog. Had to relearn a lot, including running a chainsaw, which I've helped her with. Chit chatted for a while. Looked at some trees. Got sent home with 9 pints of homemade jellies and jams from her orchard.

Went over to the Farmboss-stuck-in-the-backcut, wedge-tightened chain rescue mission house today. Sold some more easy put-on-ground-only work...fits right into my slot next week while waiting on chipper welding repair on the spring shackle. Might haul some marketable alder saw logs, and fir logs for saw logs or firewood. This homeowner has no use for the wood.

My jam-making friend Susan is around the corner from there, and can use some firewood. Monday, on referral from Susan, I'll go do some put-on-ground-only work for Susan's neighbor.

Goes around, Comes around.

Tell me you weren't conscious for the operation!!!

Of course I was.
Didn't want to miss out on all the interesting stuff going on.

Cory, I got a pretty good reminder about how dangerous logging is 3 weeks ago.

I used to work with another faller about 25 years ago. Really good faller, one of the best I've worked with.

6 years ago he got hit by a top and had his left foot pinned down and crusched.
He had done the idiotic thing, going to work alone and forgotten his phone in the truck.
If he hadn't been able to reach the saw and cut himself free, his only option would have been to chew his leg off.
Hard to do when you are wearing saw pants.
He crawled back to the truck and called for help.
He was laid up for a year with that injury and 2 months after going back to work, he was struck on the shoulder by a falling branch.
Laid up again for another ? year.

Last summer he was hit by a top again, rebreaking his foot.
3 week ago I asked in my saw shop if they had heard from him, how he was doing.
He had been by to sell his saws, since he'll never walk well enough again to work in the woods.
Had to sell his house and get a small apartment in town.
What a way to end for a good faller.

Wow Stig...so you watched them cut open your wrist and muck around in there and sort it all out and put in the plates and screws??
I'm actually amazed you were allowed to, although I suppose on reflection you do have to give consent for general anaesthetic, so if you don't, you can watch.

Bleagh...I can watch myself get stitches but that's about it!

Fun part was when they drilled the screw holes.
I could really feel the vibrations from the drilling.

For some reason stuff like that doesn't bother me at all, even though I'm extremely squemish about meat.
I can't touch raw meat without wearing gloves.

When my dogs get operated on, for minor stuff, my veterinarian buddy does it after hours.
He long ago found out that helping doesn't bother me, so I play the role of nurse.

I remember holding the incision in my old Thais's stomach open while the vet was searching through the intestines.
Didn't bother me at all, but I can't gut a fish without puking and having to wash my hands obsessively afterwards.

Go figure.

It gets lonely out there in the ass end of Montana at night.

You probably don't want to know.

Is Prolapse a brand of sheep-boots? Maybe in American english its Pro-laps. Might chase for many laps before getting to the cliff edge?

So someone got it.
For a while I thought I was the only one here with an extremely dirty mind.

BTW Sean, if I haven't forgotten all the latin, I was forced to learn in school, it should be oviphiles.

Funny story poops up about prolapsed rectums.

My dad was a massage therapist and helped his buddy Kawika run across the United States... 48 miles a day for 60 days or something insane.

At one point he had run so far that his junk slipped out and old Wayne had to push that shit back up there. That's a good buddy... He finished the race...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great day today. Finished up a 2 day job for a great client. Then sold another $2K removal for the same client at a different property. Then on my way to dinner I sold a $5K job for next week. Sort of makes up for breaking my windshield on my small bucket truck yesterday.

Did some discounted work for a military widow, "Gold Star Widow".

Neighbor to a customer who I help out with various things, like how to run her new chain grinder, relearning/ learning good cutting techniques and ergonomics post Traumatic Brain Injury.

Put a number of alders and fir on the ground and into a log deck for the mill, and for a disabled guy, No Hand Stan. Good 15" diameter and under stuff, where he can still participate in some of the work of cutting and splitting with his gripper hooks. He's almost 70 and been dealing with this since an industrial electrocution when he was considerably younger. After a storm, the power lines were rehung. Stan was a phone lineman, rehanging phone lines when a tree came down on the primary wires and highly-electrofied the phone line.

Damn slave-driver of a boss I have worked about 11 hours today. At the homeowner-saw-stuck-in-slanting-backcut follow-up job, the last alder of the day barber chaired, but I was prepared...I"ll throw up a pic in a bit, I knew it ahould only run about 8 feet max where it had broken at 15% height and regrown well out to the side.

Back