How'd it go today?

:thumbup: Jim!

Gary, it wasn't too bad, 2 hour chippin',a 3 hour bill. The custy cut down a bunch of small trees in his back yard, he dragged them to his front yard, he was going to rent a chipper himself, but my price was the cost of the rental, but my labour included, I'm happy. I'm after those small trees custys took down themselves and I get to leave the chips, plus I have the stumps to grind.

Sean, have a good trip!

Mick, thanks, perfect for me working solo. I don't mind getting my rate. I try to sell the lower fuel "waste" of my set up vs a 5 ton and a 12" chipper to haul away less than a yard of useful chips, but in the end it really is only the lower cost that sells the job.

Ah, yes. It's been many, many years since I visited Bagby as a soaker...the easy vibe lost a lot by the mid to late 1980's. I did tree work as a FS employee there off and on over the years since. It is a beautiful spot, just a bit overused. Sometimes a criminal element exited there, I dunno about nowadays.

Got a mail from the police today.

I hit a radar trap just before my accident, so I had been waiting for it.

Was a bit worse than expected: $450 fine an a mark on my license.
3 marks and you lose your license.
It stays on for 3 years, then you are in the clear again.

This was my first one ever after a lifetime of speeding, so I'm not very worried.

I got one in Norway 10 years ago for going 9 miles over the speed limit: aq bit over 1 grand.

Norwegians are crazy.

Motorcycles are good, since the speed cameras only take a picture of the front license plate.

Probably why I've only got maybe 3-4 tickets ever.

That one in Norway kind of makes up for that, though.

First for.me this week, some Chinese tourists got their drone stuck about 15m up a tree...$100 I climbed it and got it down for them...happy tourists

Now that was something I haven't thought of as a way to make money.
I'd rather rescue drones than cats.
Drones don't scratch and bite and I hate cats.

I have thought of it, have not pushed it yet.

I agree on cats...cats in trees sucks. I taught a fellow the basics of climbing a few years ago (he lurks as Luke on the House here...an excellent splicer, too...has made me some great stuff). He has done exceptionally well with climbing...knows more about it now than me. I am trying to find time to let him walk me thru SRT..he has good grasp of all aspects of climbing.

I now refer all cat rescues to him....:D So far he still seems happy to get them. And I am very happy NOT to do them. I have learned to freakin' really NOT like cats. (at least in trees)

Drone rescue...sounds good. Thought...I am on the Dive Team here. Wonder how many underwater drone rescues need to be done? I know of at least one drone water recovery that was done (not by me)

(August....:lol:) Probably not too many to tap into though.

I once was paid to recover a RC model airplane from about 100 feet up in a cottonwood. I got $50...but that was at least 20 years ago. It was decent money for the ~half hour it took.

Back