How'd it go today?

My new saw, Stihl 661. The crank is at the machine shop. When it gets back the saw will be ported, polished and fitted with a new max flow.

EAC1E02B-9B49-43D6-A14D-48DD2ED516C9.jpg

Jim...y'all eat some crazy stuff!

Cory...knee has been trouble free...which I never expected. I thought I would get arthritis or something over the years in it without the cartilage...OK so far. I have avoided a lot of pavement running over the years. My running was usually trails, softer impact.

Nah...don't go there. There's issues here and there...hands are really stiff in AM...hot shower helps loosen them up (and the rest of me, too). And I"ll tweak a shoulder or something once in awhile...rehabbing a sore wrist now from catching a heavier limb than I should have over a fence...shoulda tied it off with my lanyard tail but...I didn't. And a high hamstring tear that happened last T-giving (had a backpack blower on, moved quickly to change directions, foot got trapped by a beech log and I went down with the blower...leg was hung, I felt hamstring tear...still rehabbing that one 4 months later).

As long as I don't get too crazy over-using something and keep up with my yoga I do OK. That's the key to me...find a good way to maintain overall flexibility and strength, then do it and enjoy functional movement.

Just as I said...a god :D. You have it all correct in your last para, imo.

For what it's worth, Gary, I am too. ;)

Just a few months behind you on the calendar, full replacement hip prosthesis, but I can still backpack, climb trees, hike any trail or off route on offer, scamper boulders and such...kick ass and take names. Sure, there are the stiff mornings, and the vitamin I, and the wishful remembering of what I could do a decade and so many more years ago.

But I can live in a tent for a month, maintain 5 acres of rural property and a house, keep my lady and myself satisfied.

If that isn't close enough to god-like for a man in his 7th decade, well...I don't know what is :).

After surgery, as my physio told me, you have to re-train your muscles to fire again, they 'turn off' like Marc said, to protect the injured area. Which is why I remain baffled that my shoulder surgeon was so blase' about me getting physio...he reckoned it was low on the spectrum of complexity and I was already fit...but I would never have got back to where I am as quickly or as strong without the guidance of the physiotherapist...great surgeon, but a bit of a ding dong for the post op stuff IMO.

I tore my shoulder a few years back. It healed up fine but every time I let myself get dehydrated it’s like all the old injuries come back. The winter is the worst for me. I never feel thirsty in the cold. Except for coffee

Drinking when you're thirsty is like adding oil only when the dash board light comes on, imo.

I feel nagging stuff when dehydrated, too.

Cory...knee has been trouble free...which I never expected. I thought I would get arthritis or something over the years in it without the cartilage...OK so far. .

Gotta say that is amazing. They musta left at least some of your meniscus in there, no?

I had a meniscus trim in August and my knee feels better than it did for the past 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The doc at the time said it was a bucket handle tear and he had to remove (as I understood it) the whole thing. I may have misunderstood...I ain't gonna open it back up to see what's in there!

I have 2 long scars on inside of knee....in 1975 they took the knee apart to work on it. Not like today where you only get little holey scars.

Yeah agree, we'll take his word for it!

good on ya, keep it up!

Back