How'd it go today?

never seen a scope on a shot gun, or a scope that short. i wouldnt have time to find a bird in the scope, whats the purpose jason? deer?
I imagine it's a red dot scope. Pretty handy for quick line up on targets. But yes, I believe they are mainly for deer hunting.

The scope is more or less offering very little magnification(1 x 45). The red dot, as Andy explains, is just to help sight things better and slightly faster. Scopes are good for stalking purposes, or for folks like me, aiming at targets with a little more ease ( issues with cross-dominance- http://thetandd.com/columns/?p=140 )

I'm probably off slightly to totally, so I'll let the true nut feel free to correct me, should he need to. :P

Hah! I just got off the phone with another member of a local fishing forum and made arrangements to go trim his two oak trees tomorrow in exchange for him taking me fishing in Mosquito Lagoon (he lives over there on the coast). So tomorrow morning I'll be climbing and hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll be catching redfish in the shadow of Kennedy Space Center.
8)

Well, I know almost nothing about shallow water inshore fishing and my boat sits too deep in the water to get in the good spots anyway. He has a brand new $20K flats boat that will float in 5" and he's fished the Lagoon all his life. My chances of landing my first redfish with him are about 1000 times better than fishing in my boat.

The trimming won't take more than an hour, mostly handsaw stuff.

Steve, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a Gordon Waterman. And no Andy, no fly fishing for me. I prefer function over form and will stick with my spinning tackle. I have a G Loomis GLX and a Shimano Crucial, both with Shimano Stradic reels.

The scope is more or less offering very little magnification(1 x 45). The red dot, as Andy explains, is just to help sight things better and slightly faster. Scopes are good for stalking purposes, or for folks like me, aiming at targets with a little more ease ( issues with cross-dominance- http://thetandd.com/columns/?p=140 )

I'm probably off slightly to totally, so I'll let the true nut feel free to correct me, should he need to. :P

Yep, it's basically a red dot that floats in your sight picture. Put the dot on the target and squeeze (excluding shot spread, wind drift, elevation hold).

Here is an EoTec on my AR, with a picture through the glas, and a drawing of the reticle.

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

EotecReticle.jpg

Obviously I had the brightness turned too far up on mine, it's adjustable to 20 different levels, as well as NV compatable (my EOTec).

I tried my hand at painting my rifle today, I'm not sure how I feel about the outcome, as I didn't get a chance to go "try it out." The paint isn't as shiny as it would seem. The camera/editing changes some of the colors, but you get the idea. Green, Black, and Brown. I'll change up some of the coloring in the next few days, like the brown line behind the scope.

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

Good luck with them, bud. I hate rigging stems off themselves when I'm attached to the rigging point. Palms won't break real easy but they sure do swing around a lot. I'd be much more comfortable creating a landing zone and chunking them down piece by piece.

Good luck with them, bud. I hate rigging stems off themselves when I'm attached to the rigging point. Palms won't break real easy but they sure do swing around a lot. I'd be much more comfortable creating a landing zone and chunking them down piece by piece.

You mean use "foam" Brian?

Sorry, had to do it:lol:

Andy, c'mere a minute and set'cher ass down right here under this palm tree. And lay still! Now catch this log... :P

Monkey, any chance of bombing a top or two into the pool? It may make a big water mess, but water evaporates. And it won't bust the pool deck if you flop it in the middle of the pool. :lol: :evil:

You going to give me a catchers mitt too:D

I like the idea of floping them in the pool, but the swimers and sunbathers might not be happy about it.

On these palms the old fronds don't fall off they just dry up and hang down looking kind of like a beard making the tree very hard to climb. However if they have been trimmed often they aren't hard to climb at all.
Oh yea,good old palm trees.I learned to walk in the street in Key West rather than the sidewalk,those things will drop a bomb on you when you least expect it.

Imagine this,some half drunk farm boy minding his own business at 2:30 in the morning walking down Duval street being accosted by a damned tree dropping coconuts on him.That's a big nut,I tell ya.:lol: If that thing beaned me in the noggin I'd have been out cold for a week.

skwerl i wish i could just bomb them in the pool but there just not close enuff but they did sign a waiver saying they would fix the decking at there cost if one does slip or crack the deck

I dropped a palm in a pool once. 'Twas a boogger getting it out. It was too heavy to remove with available equipment and I would up having to section it in the water...which was a bit messy.

I dropped a palm in a pool once. 'Twas a boogger getting it out. It was too heavy to remove with available equipment and I would up having to section it in the water...which was a bit messy.
I will bet it a doller to doughnut it was not in Col .;)

Back