How'd it go today?

got my new fuel system installed and running on my truck:)
my buddy called from up in astoria (where the big spruce broke). said hes been up there cleaning up around the lines since wednesday. their working 16 hours a day and making double time! said hed be up there between 2days and 2 weeks

I did four bids today and went to the bank. We had snow last night so the first half of the day I was walking in a winter wonderland. The second half was mud luscious and puddle wonderful.

We are getting ice here. Supposed to get a 1/4" of it. I want more....PLEASE!

You can have all you want Jeff as long as you keep it in Kansas. I'm not set up here like I was on the farm, remote power supply, lots of wood. I lose power here I'm screwed, I hate city life. Although it is funny the looks I get when I walk to the truck with a shotgun or rifle. Hey Jeff you back at home yet or are you still working out of town? Give me a call.
See Ya
Mike

I am home for the weekend. But out of town again as sooas the roads clear up.
Which I hope doesnt happen until we get at least an inch of ice:D

Yep around here we seem to have dodged the bullet the last few years. Jeffs right we are over due.
See Ya
Mike

I finished a job that we got rained out on Wed. "Reduced" four Modesto Ash trees for 1K. I got new tires on my pickup yesterday. Well new to me. I bought a set of used tires. They are one size bigger than the ones I had and are a little heavier duty, load range e, my old ones were d, a little taller and wider also $160 for the set. I have never been close to an ice storm. Sounds cold and wet. Cold wind blowing like a mofo here today.

I need to watch the weather as well, not sure what we are going to get here. Freezing rain is comming down, again, not much acumulation yet.
I wish I could get excited about it, been so busy with work I have only been able to cut once so far. I have more firewood sold, but have no time to cut and split it!! No way I'd have time for the fun of an ice storm right now!!

nice looking racks Willie. I plan on taking the racks and railguards off mine when I move on, if they dont fit my new ride I will likely hawk them and buy a set that will fit. they are great for tying stuff on, and protecting the bedrails and such.

Crikey, that's some good looking stuff!

headache_rack-2.jpg

headache_rack-1.jpg

pickup_truck_cab_guard-lights.jpg

pickup_truck_cabguard_hd-2a.jpg

they are local and have a lifetime warrenty. good stuff, ive owned several over the years

Did a bid at a large expensive winery yesterday.

The manager told me a local tree company (who I know) worked for many years on the properties owned by the winery.

Story he told me was the owners were getting old and senile. They would agree to whatever and then forget about it.

So this guy would come and do work with no authorization, and then bill the accounting dept. saying the owners had agreed.

A month ago the old folks legally released operations of the winery to other family members.

So he comes one day, cuts three limbs, stays a total of 1.5 hours and then bills the accounting office for $5,600 bucks!

He had been getting away with this for some time as the accounting office has no idea what goes on in the winery and does not talk with the field manager.

So friday, this tree guy comes back for some more 'work'.

He got run off the property. My contact told me he told the tree guy to "get the hell off the property, or he would call the cops and get his gun".

I'll be working there next week 8) (if they accept my bid) He told me he learned more about trees in the first few minutes with me, than with 10 years from the 'other' tree guy. Nice to get a pat on the head from clients sometimes.

Nice people and beautiful property. They even have an old school house dating from the 1800s on the property which was the old school for the area families back then. It is built of adobe and is perfectly preserved and maintained.

No it's not.
Tip Top does some work around here tho. Known as a hack. His best climbers graduate up to Davy Tree.

I dont really want to say who it is exactly on a public forum. He is too well known.

Back