How'd it go today?

thank goodness your chipper will be well taken care of, Darin.

I have been worrying about that. Now I can rest easy.

glad to hear it is warrenty darin, id push for a replacement, maybe tell them your losing money the longer its down as a replacement should be faster!
ha bad luck for that contractor! your a nice guy:)

They are trying to find out if the warranty department wants to replace or rebuild the engine. They said that they had never seen one of these smaller diesels break down this way and that it must have been something that happened at the factory, which was, as you can imagine, a relief.

Darin, I hope the warranty department does the right thing. However, from experience, I would offer this: STICK TO YOUR GUNS. They might try to weasel out of it. Apparently, there is alot of margin where they can make there decision. You may have to do some serious negotiations, hopefully not, but be prepared.

I did it for a song because I felt bad for him.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, here is the other side of that coin. Forgive me, but when this type of bidding comes through this office, it really chaps my arse. I will use you for an example although I have plenty of my own.
Your stump grinder has been down for days, costing you not only the 7-8 hundred dollars to fix it, but also the time down. Your chipper bit the big one, that even under warranty is going to cost you some change. Who is feeling bad for you? The guy that ruined a $ 2,400.00 play structure? NO, he isn't.

The bid you give is based on your experience and knowledge...it is what it is...STICK TO YOUR GUNS.

Darin, I hope your chipper gets fixed quickly, well, and for free (sounds like it will be).

Also, I commend you for being the nice guy that you are.

Glad to hear it will be covered under warranty. I spent the day at update school. I love these things, ya get to talk with other guys in the field and discuss the different problems we see. They had some good tips for testing check valves inside the carbs.
About 2 weeks ago Stihl bought Zama carburetors, if anyone wants to know.
See Ya
Mike

I didn't lose money helping the guy out Gigi. I have been on the receiving end of a lot of timely help and I try to do the same in return. One of the bigger tree services in town that has lent me a bucket truck in the past, offered up their old chipper for my use while mine is down. He doesn't expect money in return. I haven't taken him up on it yet because I am not certain I want to pull a Vermeer 1250 around with my truck.

I didn't lose money helping the guy out Gigi. I have been on the receiving end of a lot of timely help and I try to do the same in return. One of the bigger tree services in town that has lent me a bucket truck in the past, offered up their old chipper for my use while mine is down. He doesn't expect money in return. I haven't taken him up on it yet because I am not certain I want to pull a Vermeer 1250 around with my truck.

Oh good, Agreed with Stump, that kind of help back and forth is good. We do that also, and did not mean to second guess you. I just want you to have what is coming to you, you know, your fair share!

Darin, That kind of helpfulness between "competitors" is something to be treasured.

I agree. Mike from MKM Tree Service here in Boise is a first rate guy. I ended up borrowing his old 1250 Vermeer today. Preston HATED that machine, which is alright because it will make him appreciate our Morbark all the more when we get it back. I made the mistake of saying this morning "It never really rains in Boise. Its always these ambiguous showers and you are never sure if you should call the day or not." It rained unambiguously today. I got more than damp as our four hour trim turned into a removal due to a lack of live branches. The yard started getting sloppy and I did cal the job after most of the brush was chewed on by the 1250(what it did shouldn't be described as chipping(though I am very grateful to have had it)).

Maybe it was just this 1250 but it jammed up on everything. the feed wheels just wouldn't take anything. The chip size was huge too.

Mine will take almost anything when the blades are sharp but when they aren't any little fork will make the limb stop. Also the freaking bed knife has to be in good shape.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4OucknS_AQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4OucknS_AQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just starting to feel human again today as the constant pain of my face infection has finally subsided. And it's not snowing so I will be able to enjoy the weekend.

I'm the one that did that too. I grabbed the camera and hurried back there to film before all the brush was gone. You can sure end up with a bunch of crap in the truck.

Started the day with bids and then went and felled a big Maple spar,dhelped myfirewood guy skid it out and load it with the grapple. Cold foggy and snowing gave way to cold foggy raining so grinding the monster stump was less than delightful but still doable..and the lady of the house arrived home seconds before the last grinding passes and paid and thanked me.

I finished killing the bloody tree over the bloody carport and a few more to boot. Had this great fall of a super curvy pine where I threaded the top into 5' wide gap with the curve in the lower trunk just missing a little tupelo the HO wanted to keep. Had it been straight the tupelo would've been toast.

Got paid $500 for some pine logs from last week I was happy to just get rid of.

Not a bad day... if i could just line up a hot chick...

I killed a giant double top pine. It was big, but easy. Half-roped, the other half bombed.

Started the day with bids and then went and felled a big Maple spar,dhelped myfirewood guy skid it out and load it with the grapple. Cold foggy and snowing gave way to cold foggy raining so grinding the monster stump was less than delightful but still doable..and the lady of the house arrived home seconds before the last grinding passes and paid and thanked me.

Back