How'd it go today?

Stumper;187173 said:
Thus -in 1998 my 1997 F250 cost $575 for registration-Now it is under $100 per annum.
Oh heavens to Betsy,that's highway robbery. If I'm not mistaken my F-250 is about 55 bucks a year and the Ranger is about 40 but that's non commercial.Commercial is double.

Kentucky also has a personal property type thing,expensive.

SC is another very expensive state for vehicle registrations. Florida is cheap in comparison, they charge based on weight. My big truck is $203 per year and my pickup, utility trailer, boat and boat trailer all combined are about $180 per year.

Andy, your new tags still look old and rusted. I guess that's intentional?

What kind of day is it when your less than a year old chipper's engine seizes?

Anyone?

First, it is not a good day. I hope your problem is as easy as ours was to fix yesterday. The guys that did the emergency work yesterday are not exactly tree workers. Our lead Arborist took John's crew over and walked them through the whole job, with him doing most of the cutting. He got them down to very little clean up and headed back to the office. We got a call that the chipper was sputtering and would not start.

Now, John, who was in Miami getting plants was NOT happy when he got back to Marathon and heard the news. Pissed would be a better word, those guys don't know what they are doing...blah blah blah. He is telling me they screwed up a 45,000$ motor, blah blah blah....

Greg (the lead arborist) and I had to listen to a 30 minute rant then watched as John went to check the chipper out....it still would not start. Greg and I are standing at the door, watching him from inside. Greg pipes up and says, I think it is a fuel problem. We listen and watch a few more minutes and John checks for fuel. HMMMM They ran it out of gas!!!!!!!!!

It took a little doing, bleeding the lines, and a little more tinkering, then it fired up. I was watching the rpms and when it hit 1800.......I knew we were okay.

Darin, hope yours is an easy fix.

Yeah, a little bit of a pain, but compared to a ruined motor, easy peasy. We happened to have some fuel filters in stock, so those got changed out.

Darin....doesnt your chipper have a murphy switch? I though I seized a deisel motor once but it was the battery believe it or not. It just died and wouldnt turn over. Hopeing for the best for ya.

... and the Ranger is about 40 but that's non commercial.Commercial is double.

If you have a pickup in CA. and register it non-commercial, then if you put even one board or bag of compost or even a shovel, then it becomes a commercial vehicle.

If you get pulled over and the cop checks the bed and finds something in it other than a hair brush or a lollipop or something like that, then you get a huge ticket and have to re-register the vehicle.

SC is another very expensive state for vehicle registrations. Florida is cheap in comparison, they charge based on weight. My big truck is $203 per year and my pickup, utility trailer, boat and boat trailer all combined are about $180 per year.

Andy, your new tags still look old and rusted. I guess that's intentional?

It's the nasty colors they chose. It's tan (reflective) with a chocolate brown trim, but thats the only way they come!!

Yes, it's $400 a year!! That good old personal property tax, and it goes down each year. Go buy a new $50k truck, better have $1500-$2000 in you're pocket to tag it!!!!

Trust vharrison to get back to the actual important stuff! :)

Yes, Darin. I would really like to know what the prognosis is, and I sincerely hope it is nothing major.

So do tell as soon as you know

darins wont turn over now:(

I know, I had that happen....totally the battery, it was weird. One mninute it worked the next it did not. Try a different one. Start there, IMO. Does it have oil in it? Anyhting weird looking there. Check the ground, the murphy switch.......dont hit the panic button yet.:/:

After I slayed one pine I went home to a fried motherboard! Oh well, it's about time. I'm having one built and with any luck it'll be ready tomorrow. It'll be way more souped up plus in addition to the 80G hard drive that comes with it I'll still have my original 80G hard drive, too. Sweet. $400.

coffee with a friend this AM, some christmas shopping, Costco, home to finish up a big report. Done done and done, now I just gotta make the invoice up. :D the fun part, the only funner part is cashing the check.

tomorrow is coffee with another friend in the AM, cruise the mall perhaps for a couple hours then christmas party 1 of 3 this season, starting at 1700.

Dadblameit Butch! That's gonna cause spacial warming. When the interplanetary vacuum warms up we'll all be fried!:lol:

Back