How'd it go today?

Hella job. You crammed all those logs into the truck?? Ay carumba

Took my Sister and her Son to get a prescription...Two Dr. offices, 1 1/2 hrs in a department store, Dinner, and a trip through a trailer park to drop the kid off later, and I'm back home...sheesh, I was having flashbacks of going somewhere with my Wife or Mother...beware the add-ons

You sound like a pretty selfless guy Dave. Well done man. I wish I were.

More Bridle Trails Doghair today.

Sean: The first shot is of the neighbor's almost 4' diameter Fir, that I'm guessing is a hair better than 160'. I measured the DBH today on yesterday's 145er. 21 INCHES!! Today, I had a 120', and a 145' which was much fatter than yesterday's.

Sun out all day! Took a pic of my shadow!

The last shot is of the stump of the 21"x145'er. Crazy pole.

unnamed-245.jpg

Here's me hamming it up with my shadow.
unnamed-244.jpg

Here's Mt. Rainer from the treetops.
unnamed-242.jpg

Coupla more...

Attachments

• unnamed-239.jpg
    unnamed-239.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-241.jpg
    unnamed-241.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-240.jpg
    unnamed-240.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-243.jpg
    unnamed-243.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 44
Nice pics. You ever climb that mtn or hike its trails?

It must be amazing!

No way Cory... You've got to be a semi-bad-ass to climb that pig. I've done some super short little family hikes up there. A good measure of the dummies who are intent on summiting that thing are fixing' ta die. It's a fourteener.

Fair enough, but the basic hiking around has gotta be sweet.

Good pics Jed, of the country and the tree work. Those things just go up and up! Great hinge, I couldn't cut a loaf of bread that straight.

Treebilly, that was a pig of a job. Good work.

Sat in the truck quite a bit before saying Fock it and got wet. Went back to the shop to be productive then. Organized toolboxes and cleaned saws. I helped the mechanic for a while as well. I supposed to get my elevator back by Friday. It's been getting repaired since they bought it. Kinda want to see how big of a difference it'll be.

You guys have a full time mechanic or is he just there working on the elevator?

Full time kinda. He's a fireman so it's on his days off from there. The elevator went to Deucco ( our closest ariel company). Our mechanic jokes about his part time position that is 40-50 hours a week. He spends a lot of money but everyone is happier since we hired him. One great thing about it is when he says a truck is out of service for repair work, the boss won't try to put it off. The boss tried once. Said he needed the truck for one more day. The mechanic left the keys for him but jacked the truck up and took the lug nuts off ( and locked them in his tool box).

Last cut of the day up a big silver maple in the pissing rain, and the half hitch and bowline slipped off! Lucky no damage, fence underneath, limb was about 10 inch diameter.

:lol: I know the feeling.

Alas, life affords me precious little that one could show-off, so if I cut one up well... I've got to jump on it. That, and I happen to have so many different pretty colors of wedges.

Bridle Trails job is finally done today. Only had one stick to fall plus wood to load. The boys were happy for an easy day.

unnamed-250.jpg unnamed-248.jpg unnamed-249.jpg unnamed-247.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-246.jpg
    unnamed-246.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 40
Back