How'd it go today?

Went and cleared out a small patch of trees for a good friend today. I didn't realize how much was actually there. Nice load of manageable firewood though. image.jpg

No not usually. He's a good friend and we just haven't been able to get to this until today. It wasn't all work today. Wives and kids played. We took our time. That and we didn't start till after lunch.

Nice. Looks like you got a lot done quckly based on the pics.

Got some projects around here done today. I had gone and picked up that gate yesterday made out of iron pipe. 12 footer. Took a livestock panel and welded that to it so the goats cant get through it. Did some welding on the brown F350 that needed done for a while. Loose muffler and board gates. Rob made some sides for the flat bed. Delivered a load of firewood to a widow with a few young daughters that Lilly plays with. Just a nice day. Seth helped me out and did some welding himself. I paid him a little money so he can order his MIL spec boots. Making some chicken soup now to end the day with.
Big job coming up in just over a week.. Bought Dave his plane tickets the other day. Tonight I put the order together and spend more money. I will pick up my new to me goose neck dump trailer when I pick up Dave at the air port.
Book two more guys and find one more dump trailer, I'll be set. 35 trees coming down on a one acre lot. Two are almost 4' dbh and 140-150 high. Three climbers, two ground, 1 guy with a tractor and trailer for firewood, one guy with an excavator and heavy trailer for the big logs.
Robert is ordering a Lucas mill and we just signed the finance papers on that...
Katy will take pictures.
Two weeks.....
Should be fun :/:

I broke my no work on sunday rule and dropped 3 large trees by a house.
Had the wind coming from the right corner, so I could simply fall all 3 with the 661 and a wedge.
20 minutes total from I stepped out of the truck till I left again .
House owner was a mite amazed at that.
Probably never saw a pro logger fall trees before.

Pieced down a Chestnut today and tomorrow. Kind of a worrisome client, but she did chill as the day progressed and brought out a whole box packed with food and drink for our refreshment. Often the more deep in the countryside it is, the more treats it is that they want to give you. Funny how they often verbally thank you here by apologising.

Yeah, sorry you had to work to cut my tree. One local way of showing appreciation. A funny little nuance within to too. Because I'm sorry, I'll be expecting you to do a good job. Got to love the Asian mind....

Right again, saying that when getting paid would be common too. If everybody apologises, it means that everybody is happy. It takes awhile to figure it out. :/:

Stig: :rockon: PICS!

Jay: Sounds like a good day. PICS!

I'm not asking for much, I've just got this cheesey flip-phone. Five Doghair Firs all but one windblown top are between 145' and 155' I'll measure the tiny DBH on the 145 footer I climbed today. One of the skinniest little poles I've ever done....
unnamed-233.jpg unnamed-234.jpg unnamed-235.jpg
unnamed-237.jpg
Here's my new little Timberpig... brand-new seals on a 11.5" bar. :P
unnamed-236.jpg
Here's a brush fire in my back yard from Sat. night...

Attachments

• unnamed-238.jpg
    unnamed-238.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
Bridle Trails, Bellevue. Measured them to the foot off my 160' Calamine. The salesmen don't have a clue... they just bid em off DBH.

Real tall and skinny Jed. Those gotta be fun on a breezy day.
A court from that big maple I've been messing with. Finished it off today
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Had to do a glamour shot after it was over

Bridle Trails, Bellevue. Measured them to the foot off my 160' Calamine. The salesmen don't have a clue... they just bid em off DBH.

I don't get how salesman without a clue can bid so that crews can perform appropriately.

Clinometer apps are great.

Jed....I love your hinges. I am gonna try to make mine look like that...need more practice.

Rich...you ARE Mr. Glamour...all orange and lime green...quite flamboyant colors.:P

Back