How'd it go today?

Rich, I suspected as much on this one...got up about 70' and it was moving way more than it should have in the slight breeze we had.

Very cool and looks delicious. My hunting buddy makes biscuits in the dutch oven too, mighty fine! Did a little removal job for a prison chaplain and his wife and they tipped me $200. It was very nice of them, some fine folks. They both had to hug me and tell me how much they appreciated the job I did. I love to work for people like that!

I'll have to look closer..... hmmmmm....

At any rate, her problem, I gently remind her my house isn't infested. She did melt her pump on her washer, so we had a little drive to London, stopped at Cutters Choice picked up a few rings for some projects on the go.

Still it makes me smile. :D she is fast on the draw to point out my housekeeping.

Our cat had fleas last summer. I combed her with a very fine comb 3 times a day outside to see if I could get rid of them that way. It seemed to be working at first, but then I realized I was losing. Got the stuff you put on their neck and they disappeared like magic. Never got infested in our house. Good thing, fleas used to love me.

It was a good day. Started by raising up a bunch of trees at a cemetery ( on Halloween ). Removed two dead ash for an elderly woman that asked us to hold off on them till now because she didn't want to upset her flower garden. Finally we removed five one cut dead hemlocks. Got home in time to walk to the nieghbors and hand out candy.

Jed, looked like that here all day too. Raining when I got up and still hasn't quit.

Got permission to notch & drop the Elm I turned down on Mon, Tue crane job is a go, then confirmed heading up north for a few days to climb for another company up there.

Still don't know if I'm pulling the trailer up or staying at the local motel...should find out Mon.

I'm jealous Stephen and Rich.

Ray: Yeah, but it's got a hole right in the middle, and they won't buy a new one. :|:
You've got to pull the pin to dump the rain out, like every other day.

Dave: Permission? From the boss or the customer? And is it because falling it would leave more dings in the lawn than rigg'n er out?

Jed, in order to avoid collateral damage to other trees we have to put some of the top across the property line onto the neighbors'. No one was home when I was there. Boss lives nearby and has phone numbers, so he obtained permission.

Kind of a different deal working for these guys...tree guy gradually going out of business (currently doing bids and grinding stumps), while all money goes through, and labor is supplied by, his friends larger company (landscraping and dune grass sales) who is taking it over...I deal mostly with the grass guy, and see eye to eye with him well with respect to safety and integrity issues...the retiring tree guy not so much...

Back