How'd it go today?

Exactly. I'm actually looking at buying my neighbors dump trailer that I hauled my grey workshop in.
Customers are all within 10 minutes. Cottage country 20.

Today was a beautiful day as far as weather, started out by under quoting a job then both of us were sick enough to call in but neither one decided to call lol. But some days if your not real good then you just have to be lucky. And this is where I get to get a dig at fiddler ha ha ha ha, since one of us forgot to pack the "luck"

Five day hornbeam hedge prune. Everyone, everyone recommended removal, i even wrote this nice professional letter. Hedge is over 60 years old, used and abused. Landscape architect wins out, because she knows best right. :/: stupid rich people

Hopefully well be cutting it down next year, but i sure don't mind the week worth of work, on top of the other two we did on apples. Really setting us up for the year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 43
I'm just so glad I'm home and today is over.

Up at 2:30, couldn't get back to sleep and not feeling well. Skipped breakfast (didn't think I'd hold it down) grabbed the wrong ground saw and put it in the truck and headed to work.

Ended up getting to Nic's about 1/2 hour late because of stopping at two rest areas to use the restroom.

Been a long time since a tree has humbled me as badly as Today's Honey Locust. Could not get comfortable/balanced for the life of me...no good high tie in to be had - center leads were stunted and 1/2 dead.
Managed to miss the house, sliding glass doors, service, and bushes but broke a board in the 2x4 deck surrounding the tree and took out the TV cable.

Took me about twice as long as what Nic figured to finish. I definitely didn't bring my A game today...:(

got home about 8:45. Truck can get dumped tomorrow....

Sounds like a bad day, but you made it home. Being sick sucks, and will get you hurt. I've been battling a bug the last couple of days, and it has left me too stupid to use a frigging bottle return, apparently.:lol: (I got it figured out, first time jitters, I guess. :lol::/: )

Don't feel bad Dave...I was chipping today and reversed the feed for a second then pulled the red safety bar and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go for a bit:? Oh yeah! pull the little green handle too!:|:

Atleast I didn't stack the brush for ya, it would've just made your day ha ha ha. I don't get many things to pick on you about so you know this one will be a ride

Real nice day here, pruned and deadwooded a large Red oak. Initially H.O. wanted it removed but I won out with some education and today's job doing the complete inspection.
After he saw this one done he added the other 6 live oaks in the yard:D
Feel like I'm not acclimated to the heat this year like previously, hope that changes quickly.
Loosing my best worker to the forest service in Utah next week as well so the search begins again for competent help:(

Real nice day here, pruned and deadwooded a large Red oak. Initially H.O. wanted it removed but I won out with some education and today's job doing the complete inspection.
After he saw this one done he added the other 6 live oaks in the yard:D
Feel like I'm not acclimated to the heat this year like previously, hope that changes quickly.
Loosing my best worker to the forest service in Utah next week as well so the search begins again for competent help:(

That's as it should be :thumbup:

That looks like a clearing/brusing machine to me Rajan :)

Stephencam!

Rajan - Good deal on the job expansion!

Seemed to have continued a bit from yesterday with the bad luck...

dumped this morning and box wouldn't come down...Nic got it down with a bit of cussing & wrenching but still need to fix it so we can use the dump.

first job went OK...took broken top out of a spruce and trimmed a branch from a Maple...on to next job

All set up to chip a storm job I had all cut up earlier and chipper won't engage without stalling engine

After trip into town to buy correct tools we dislodged the offending chunk of wood that was jamming wheel.

Third job went great removing some broken limbs.

I got home and looked in the pay envelope the lady at the first job handed me...shorted me $5. I'll make it up when we remove the rest of her Spruce we worked on in Sept.

Weather was beautiful all day and I'm feeling better...worked a little late but got everything done we had planned for the day so I'll mark it down as a good one.

Thats the worst. I would rather someone had the guts to short me 100, not 5. They know you might not say anything for a fiver.

Got started tearing down my 3196 engine in the big Challenger. The 3196 is the predecessor to the C-12, and so far it is a great engine to work on. I used to work on a lot of Cummins, and IH, with some Detroit and Mack. Very little Cat.

This engine is SIMPLE compared to those others. Unit injectors, non adjustable cross heads, one piece water rail, just one rocker set up per cylinder, one piece fuel rail, the list goes on.

I will probably save 5 to 6 thousand doing the work my self, so I bought a set of impact sockets and a roll about tool chest. I'll probably spend all the profits on tools! Oh, well.

That's awesome Jim! Diesel engines amaze me. I'd not mind at all if you posted pictures of some of the work and/or internals.

This thing is a wrap!

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

Cheers! 8)

Got a late start but accomplished a ton of little stuff I can now cross off the list.

Heading out in the morning for another tour in the stump war.

See you all in 5-7 days.

Back