How'd it go today?

No bucket today, all crane work - nothing stupendous. The first was a dead pine, the second was the pics below - removing one big limb that "scared" the homeowner. No really good pics. :(

My brain is FRIED!!!!
Had the day off for an air compressor training seminar. Got a call at 5:30am one of the saws had gone down!! I told them if they couldn't fix it call me and I would come in before class. No call back:D

Class, WOW!!!! I thought it would be "This is where the filters are, this is how to change the oil, and this is what to check regularly." NOPE!!!!!! It was theory and principle of operations. We covered the control systems thoroughly, man are they a complicated little thing!!!

They had free pop, and roast beef for lunch, so not a bad deal.

Free lunch? Nice! :beer:

AND a cool hat with a REALLY big book!! (With a LOT of handwritten notes in it!!) They also gave us free pens with a coupon for five refils. Does it get any better? OH YEAH it does!!!! I got paid eight hours for all of this:lol:

Note: it was free to me, my company paid $75 a head for this!

The funny thing is... it was a rent house where I, coincidentally, lived nearly 30 years ago.

Ha! :drink:

I spent the morning in a meeting, and afterwards, I got my computer setup and worked on getting my safe key working.

I spent the afternoon running calls, another easy, long day. :D

Today was a good day.

Effort ? Remuneration.

Now I just have to get a kid cleaned and in bed.

edit: somehow it didn't like my less than or equal to symbol and replaced it with a question mark.

used my branch manager today, nice piece! got 6 of 8 trees down and chipped with 2 add ons tommorrow. short handed this week so its nice to have the new toy!

been building stuff, finish up tomorrow and start the next one half an hour later. Soil is already on site at th next one. young guy # 2 mugging for the camera driving the plate compacter the other day.

the posts and upper structure were built before we got there, the ties, pavers and bench parts we did. I have had one helper there for 3 days on site and a second helper for the first day. I figure we have two more hours there tomorrow (3 of us) to finish the benches, add a few yards of topsoil and reseed the back lawn. then cleanup of course. The next job is 40 yards of soil (3 of us by hand / wheelbarrow) for tomorrow and monday then tuesday its me and #1 helper for 450 yards of turf to be laid down. :D

didnt think of it but thats not a bad idear! I might look in to that.

hmm, my rental guy has an MT52 listed at $150 per day, might be worth it. I will give him a call in the AM to see about rush delivery, I dont have a trailer to haul one on.

used my branch manager today, nice piece! got 6 of 8 trees down and chipped with 2 add ons tommorrow. short handed this week so its nice to have the new toy!

What's a branch manager?

I finished my convelescent hospital job today. Got a message from the Public Works guy from Escalon. He wants to talk to me about my tracks in the park. 2nd day no show for my groundie that has a drivers license and a really strong back.

Back