How'd it go today?

Australia day yesterday and we continue our assimilation...went to watch the England and Australia women's cricket teams play a one day match in Hobart, part of the women's Ashes series.
WOW, can those girls bat, bowl and throw! Nail biter at the end, down to the last over, 6 runs needed from 6 balls to win...first ball-single, second ball-single...third ball FOUR!!!! They won with three balls to spare!

Got a sunburned forehead...didn't want to move for the last half hr...sun is brutal down here
Topped off a great day with a big steak dinner...bliss 8)

Very cool. I like seeing whole tree weights. 11,000 they said, right?

Today I bounced around on the skidder for 8 hours. If i can get my toes warm winter work would be joyful. My god darned toes freeze up, all the time. Otherwise I am good to go. It's terrible, even had those foot warmer packs in my boots.

I've used these Schnee's boots for several years, 10" model. They eat up snow and cold weather for me. As others have said, a non-tight fit is critical for warmth. I've done very little climbing in them, but for all things on the ground, they rock. They have good traction and excellent leather. Mine show amazingly little wear for the amount of use they have had.

http://www.schnees.com/product/SCHNEES-Hunter-II-pac-boots/schnee-boots

I've used these Schnee's boots for several years, 10" model. They eat up snow and cold weather for me. As others have said, a non-tight fit is critical for warmth. I've done very little climbing in them, but for all things on the ground, they rock. They have good traction and excellent leather. Mine show amazingly little wear for the amount of use they have had.

http://www.schnees.com/product/SCHNEES-Hunter-II-pac-boots/schnee-boots

Cory, not down talking Schnees as I own a pair and like them.

But I like Hoffmans version better. The sole is a little stiffer and that helps keep my arches from hurting.

http://www.hoffmanboots.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=13AB/MON

Well this sucked!
IMG_0297.jpg

I am certain that under the shat is more dangerous than working over the shat!
Pole pruner screw came out, stuck in cut... Figured... pull hard on string, finish cut.. pruner come home.. Oh yeah.. Yo Yo on steroids...
Guess I am grounded for a couple.....

ouch! had one drop & hang by the hook through my forearm once (my stupidity). Hand has to be much worse. Hope recovery goies fast & well.

Spent eight hours back and forth in our loader clearing the drifts off the lake stretch of the main road. . . Heather shit it's bearings yesterday. I parked my work truck in a pushout and left it running all day just to have a place to thaw my paws out.

Well this sucked!
View attachment 52702

I am certain that under the shat is more dangerous than working over the shat!
Pole pruner screw came out, stuck in cut... Figured... pull hard on string, finish cut.. pruner come home.. Oh yeah.. Yo Yo on steroids...
Guess I am grounded for a couple.....

Ouch!!!!!

I spent the day putting up baby gates, buying diapers, and formula.

Thanks everyone for the well wishing.
Skipped the stitches. Seems every time I get stitches, I get infection. No muscle, tendon damage that I could see, so gonna keep soaking and bleeding it until it takes care of healing back together. Deep though.. Like I said, you could see some anatomy. The thought of the fact that could have been my face did occur to me. So did the arm thingy.. I remember that being discussed before.
Feels much better by comparison. Tylenol 3 helps at night. Whole hand swelled up. Whole hand bruised pretty good, understandable.
Been running the mini since I got hit. I actually finished the pruning where it happened. 2.5 hours of grin and bear it duct taped hand after the first cut. Yup... boo boo on the first cut :|:
Thank the tree gods for the mini though. Moved tons of brush while everyone else cut it. Light duty since the addition of hydraulics has taken on new meaning :D
Closed the deal today on the apartment complex I bid on. Waiting on the churches portion, basically a permission slip for me to be cutting on the tree and also if we prune their side of the fence.
Been getting about 2 calls a day. Crazy busy.
Might get rain tomorrow to help postpone a climbing job which will work out for me. I figure I should be able to play in the trees again by Friday or Saturday.

I am glad that it was not worse. I like to bleed cuts too, mostly because they are filled with dirt, manure, or grease. Sometimes all three. For some reason my kids think it is cool when i keep working with blood running off my fingers.

Hope ya heal up good and get some rain.

Back