How'd it go today?

I super glued my german shorthairs chest back together last week after an unfortunate incident while grouse hunting. She ran into a barbed wire fence in he woods, again. Last time I paid to have her buttoned up. This time I welded her back together myself. Worked EXCELLENT.

I taped the tip of my big toe on once. The alternative was to have surgery, remove the toe nail and stitch it. You can't hardly see a scar. A Gynaecologist was the OC doctor at the clinic that day. So yes, a Gynaecologist taped my toe flap back on :lol:

I ripped off a good part of the tip of my finger, caught in slowly a revolving chain on a piece of woodworking machinery, then worked the next day. The nurse nearly fainted from how dirty the bandages were when I went in there the following day to have it looked at. I think she was impressed by American's work ethic.

Where is his left hand?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MFwatbQr8VI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gawd! That fella is missing some parts.

The knight should get the Victoria's cross for valor, probably awarded posthumously.

Did an easy take down in the morning, then felled an oak which was deemed worthy by a mill for planking, so I get it all taken away for free, even the brush......which was nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 58
Had a close call today.
I was felling a mature beech which had been brushed by another tree and had a lot of branches and debris hanging in it.
So as it fell, I was looking upwards as I stepped away, to be able to dodge anything coming down.
Then I was knocked flat by a 9 foot log that came flying at me. Not a big one, maybe 600 pds, but it still knocked me ass over teakettle.
Best we can figure is that the tree hit one log that flipped the other one in the air, since it came at me from outside the zone where the tree landed.
I didn't see it till it hit me, since it came from outside my field of vision, so it scared the crap out of me!

I'm bruised quite a bit and sore/stiff, but that could have been a lot worse.

I don't think you really can.
I had felled some 10 trees more or less on top of each other in order to avoid crashing them into a stand of young spruce ( The forwarder driver is absolutely going to hate me, when he has to take that mess apart)
So there was short and long logs criss crossed all over the place.
Just clearing a getaway route for myself when I felled the last one was a major task.
Which is why some guys end up not doing it, and get whacked dead by a falling branch because they can't get away fast enough, standing knee deep in branches.
I had a colleage who got flattened and almost killed by a barberchair because he was too lazy to clean up around the tree before he felled it.

I was a good boy and made a getaway path, then got knocked over by a flying log.

Just can't win!

Glad you are OK Stig. How would any of us know of something happened to you? Do you have facebook?

Nope, but my partner, Richard, would let y'all know. He knows this place is important to me.

Funny thing. I was just sitting in the kitchen, repairing some Spencer logging tapes. Despite having done that for 37 years, I managed to open one wrong and release the feather, which retaliated for being confined so long by biting my left thumb to the bone.
Logging is fraught with dangers, I tell you:lol:

BTW, remember to always keep some cyanoacrylate glue in the deepfreezer!

Well, it figures.
Lock something up in solitary confinement for years and it'll turn mean.
One reason I'm for the death penalty.

Back