How'd it go today?

Got am SMS from the neighbours daughter that there was a very fine rainbow over my house.

Sure was:D

P1030076.JPG

I'm in the process of firing up the last Jeep my father restored .Mid 50's Jeep Cj3B .

It needs some brake work I think .It's going to reside at my place to be used as a snow plow so I don't freeze my butt off plowing nearly 600 feet of driveway with a tractor .With a set of chains on those things they are next to impossible to get stuck .Anything is possible though .

Lawdy there's enough parts on the old boys' barn to build another Jeep .It was kind of his hobby .

It beats sticking an 18 wheel log truck without chains. I can be a long walk back to the landing to get a skidder.

A few days ago gave a bid to clear some land, crane removals involved for some of it. A bit over eight grand. Got a call today saying sorry. Selling the property will only bring in about 20 or 25 grand, which is what they plan to do. Understanding about the estimate, but..... I suggested that we only take out the dangerous ones then, leaning over the road and a neighbor's house :roll: It is hard to sell a piece of unkempt jungle. Lots of folks associate it with snakes!

We're working in a sweet local ranch for the end of the week. Here's three of the nicest oaks around these parts. Remember oaks aren't native or naturalized here. This pic is a long ways away. Those trees are pushing 40" plus and about 80-90'.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375405475.266590.jpg

A 40" oak is quite a tree no matter where it grows .I have some on my property but remember this is oak country .That's probabley in excess of 250 years old .

The story I've heard is that these three trees were planted when the ranch was 1st settled with acorns from the 'old country' wherever that may have been. Stories though I haven't heard it from anyone with any 1st hand.

I figured. I just remember seeing some five axle rigs in one of Jerry's vids hauling longs and I thought Willie had confirmed or maybe Jerry that only five axles were allowed. Seven is common here for longs and eight for shorts. Gotta get that weight to the mill!

Made the big bucks today, $65 dollars, lol a small little downed dead Euc a couple mile down from me, firewooded it and walk away...think that was my smallest bid yet...but got my foot in the door,
there going to have me back to trim 6 trees.....taking the wife out to Sushi tonight with my big pay, hope I got enough $$ to cover it lol

Heh thanks. Enjoy your sushi. Just don't order to many drinks if you're covering the bill with the payout from that one big job!

I didn't mean it to be rude. I'm guessing it took longer to talk about it and collect the money than to actually do the work. I always work cheap for neighbors. No way I want my comp rolling close to my home turf.

Some small jobs are better being a lost leader so you can reel in the big ones.

Continue making an alter memorial case to hold respects for a dearly departed. Technically rather difficult, lots of miters, and incorporating stained glass. From some Claro Walnut that I have kept for a long time, beautiful stuff. The wife of a very close friend that passed away, ordered it...or I guess I should say that she confirmed it after his death. My bud actually ordered it himself when he foresaw that his end was not so far off, though I didn't want to much think about it. A priest will come out and with family and close friends, there will be a ceremony after I deliver it. His spirit will enter, or something along those lines, however they think about such things over here. I'll post a photo when it is completed later this month.

Back