How'd it go today?

The dude wasn't even sweeping the street I was on. He came down another block and spotted me and hung a quick left to come hook me up. Then vanished into the horizon...... Like a dream.

That is SUCH a cool story! Love it 8)

Some days are better than others. So I took on a 9 stump grinding job that one of my comp did the removals on and then waffled on the stumps for three months. Local city's engineering dept. it was my foot in the door. So 1st thing the grinder attachment(38 special ) has a dead batt and my cables are in the other truck. Then it's shoot that today is the day my ramrod 950 decides to crap out. I'm servicing the air filter and installing new plugs on the side of the road in 90 degree plus weather. Then the final straw. Fling goes the rock. I bust a brand new f150s windshield.

Some days are better than others

I hate stump grinding.

Some days are better than others. So I took on a 9 stump grinding job that one of my comp did the removals on and then waffled on the stumps for three months. Local city's engineering dept. it was my foot in the door. So 1st thing the grinder attachment(38 special ) has a dead batt and my cables are in the other truck. Then it's shoot that today is the day my ramrod 950 decides to crap out. I'm servicing the air filter and installing new plugs on the side of the road in 90 degree plus weather. Then the final straw. Fling goes the rock. I bust a brand new f150s windshield.

Some days are better than others

I hate stump grinding.
Build yourself some screens for your stumper. Mine saved me a time or two.

My 7.3 powerstroke is acting up all the sudden today. Has me wooried. Runs and idles great. Drives fine. Climb a hill with the peddle down and it starts cutting out.....

hot shot.......

hey Tucker, mine did that and after much friggin' around it turned out to be shit blocking up the in tank pick up screen.....FWIW hot shot won't fix that.

:lol:

dingo.jpg <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IvIdJoiei4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thought I'd better mow the grass today as it was starting to look a bit untidy. Mower won't start, no spark.

Talk about a run of breakdowns.:slam2:

If I lift the dump body and pull the fuel pump out I should be able to see that screen, no?

Google 7.3 hutch mod or in tank mod. I did it on mine and now have a spin on filter tucked up under the truck outside of the tank no more screens in the tank at all. If your truck is a cab and chassis with a steel tank you need to check it for de-laminating inside too. Fuel pressure gauge is your friend with a 7.3. Even though the injectors are oil fired low fuel pressure is real hard on them.

And there is no pump in the tank. It's mounted on the frame rail under about the drivers door. Just a pickup with screens in the tank.

Also sometimes the foot of the pickup breaks off in there. If your issue is happening at a quarter tank or less that could be the problem too. Could try filling it right up and see if it still happens

Our 3500 had some problems this past week like that. Had to get a new fuel pump, then they had to clear the lines. Apparently a lot of debris was jammed in there. That might be your problem.

Back