How'd it go today?

Any hydraulic power is better than nothing.
I had a quick easy day so far ran out this mourning to guy a tipped over ornamental weeping willow (think 7foot umbrella) before the sky opened up. Now I am killing time before the Dr.s visit.

Easy day so far, we had a ton of rain and lightning last night, so no work today. New t-shirts are done, so we're going to pick those up. Pretty hyped about that!

Friend of Mom's is also selling an awesome king sized bed, with linens, bed side table, and one or two other things for a great deal. It's all solid oak, really nice, like $8k worth of furniture for a killer deal. She has mucho mucho money so just wants to get rid of it. Score for me! Haha

:thumbup:
I came from 2 gens of plumbers mixed with farm and cow folk... So before 10 I was screwing pipe together... :lol:

Today we took on that mistletoe and only got 2/3rds done on 1 decent sized blue oak. Hard part is over for the most part. No clearance and all over a shop and RV port. Not enough height for speed lining and no clear opening to raise the line with the pic. Just drifted small cuts of the larger stuff with Kat pulling and me lowering. The rest I just made small and pitched it through what openings I made. The largest piece I cut I caught with a loop runner and biner. Then I hitched it to me and limb walked back after lowering it to the roof ever so gently... Then I raised it up and hooked it to a new line to swing off the roof... Fun Fun Fun .....I 'm whooped. I'll go back and finish it and the other tree with Rob in the near future. HOs live out of town. So no rush... I have about 100 or so more to do:|:

Here is 1/2 the property.. The 1/2 we work on.. The red area is a ponderosa grove the are monitoring and removing beetle infested trees from... 13 to date.
The blue area is mostly all blue oaks we will be taking mistletoe from with the exception o a very large CA black oak that has about an approx 85 foot spread and is about 90 foot high. Close to 4' DBH.
The green area is underbrush removal and hazard limb removal. Some tree thinning will also be done.
The pink is a property we have just finished underbrush removal on and maintain to some degree. They are both bordered on one side by BLM land.
The other `1/2 of the property we do what the tenant can not. He does all the crown raising that does not involve climbing. Also underbrush. Helps keep the pond clean as well.

Attachments

• Johnson, Colorado Rd..JPG
    Johnson, Colorado Rd..JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 43
Got to knock down 8 trees, 6 dead doug-fir, and two maples away from a road. Left them out in the woods, nothing reaching the road. No clean-up. Sometimes with the big ones, they're simpler. Once was 48". The 16"ers with saprot, not so much fun trying to wedge over.

Really looking forward to climbing removals of about a dozen trees on Saturday. Just get on the ground, limb and buck to 4-8' for the HO to deal with. I tried to get a Wraptor ride to deadwood a big doug-fir at a park on Monday, but the trees have been moved to the Fell Soon list. Root rot.

Spoiled the Wraptor ride.. Shame on them

Worked some on the mile long driveway job... Used the dingo to harvest about a ton of fire wood so not to go home empty. Due to time constraints... I had to boogie woogie back home in time for Kat to go to work.
Making some spag sauce for the kiddos :)

I spent 9 hours trimming a beautiful, large live oak - 2/3rds bucket, the rest climbing. The client was ecstatic, as usual! A gullywasher was on me as I made my last cuts - barely finished! It got dark and chilly, real quick! Drove home in the pouring rain...

We have some cool ones, here.

Attachments

• wed oak 1.jpg
    wed oak 1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 42
  • twooaks.jpg
    twooaks.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 43
  • nice oak.JPG
    nice oak.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 42
  • nice oak 2.JPG