How'd it go today?

stayed home sick yesterday and today. felt better today and putterd around the garden some. im really starting to get excited about it, hoping it will be epic this year.

Having fun here in Charlotte, NC for the CAATCC. It's nice to get away from all the work and stress of the last few weeks and just relax and have a good time.

Little interesting tid bit today was finding one of these fellas in the woods. Never seen one before.

cabin-july-4th-peaches-dinner-party-099-300x401.jpg

We have the black with yellow spots here, also. If you pick it up your hands will smell like almonds. In fact, last spring we noticed the biggest hatch of them we've ever witnessed in the woods. There were thousands of them on every hike we did. They were on the trails and on every tree trunk up to about 5 feet. They seemed to particularly like the old rotten logs where they congregated in large groups. Prairie Creek Redwoods was especially covered with them but we also saw alot of them farther south along the Avenue of the Giants. We noticed that hatch lasted a couple months. So far this year I've only seen a few. Cool little creatures, and to see multitudes of them all at once is fascinating!

We have lovely poisonous centipedes that will crawl up inside your jeans. You can usually feel them when they are about at your thigh.

Attachments

• 153559371_3d98be1421.jpg
    153559371_3d98be1421.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 58
Afraid so, Terri, they get big in the damper areas of the country. Apparently red and swelling from a bite. I had one crawl up my leg once while watching TV in an old house. If there was a Guinness book entry for how quickly a person can remove their trousers, I would have the record.

Dang thing pooped on me in self defense... I cry foul! Jay, that is one scarey critter.

Day off today... So Seth and I took down a crispy one here on the funny farm that I have been meaning to get down. Threatening the fence and multiple tops. 30" DBH... Just tossed the tops where they would fit. One over the fence and used the mini to pull the spar over. Seth groundied for me and chipped most of 1/2 the tree. I'll do the other 1/2 in the morning and burn the little crap. Going to try and take one off the other side of the fence tomorrow as well once this is cleaned up. Nice chips for Katy's garden.
P1010569.jpg P1010568.jpg P1010573.jpg P1010571.jpg

Meanwhile.. at the shop.. Rob milled some planks out of a grey pine I dropped over there to use for Dingo ramps until we can fab up some steel.... 2.5X12.... Thinking I should make them about 8 foot long. These are a little much.. :lol:

Attachments

• P1010567.jpg
    P1010567.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 49
Awesome, Deva! I have the same saw, and it keeps on truckin. Perfect in 24-30" Pines, of which we have a lot. Looks in beautiful shape there. The double spikes is cool, large ones. Mine has a single and smaller. Those look aftermarket.

The saw rips, it's super heavy. Well, heavier than say a 361...plastic.

The dogs are aftermarket, the muffler is new, looks like it was detailed at one point.
I just threw it through the solvent tank and it came out pretty nice. Looking for a new bar now.

Butch, I adjust to free pretty easily.

Now I'm looking for a power pruner and an 066........................

Back