How'd it go today?

I picked up my 038M for free too, another one of the, "It's too heavy for me now, and you will take care of it". It is a bit heavy, but I like the constant torque, it doesn't wimp out on you. I like it with a 24" bar. I will say one thing for that series...034...036...excellent reliability and starting after long non use, and you need a screwdriver to take off the caps!

Did two residential jobs yesterday in the wind and rain and sun and wind and sun and hail and rain and rain.

Once you have to put on raingear its somewhat the same. Got a fair bit of the sun and clouds without rain for the second one which was a climber. Had to remove a low long, long limb on a doug-fir that was about 35'+ long, from over a bushy madrone, roof and satellite dish.

Its one that Erik bid, so when we showed up, it was a figure it out and go type of job.

Three long, droopy laterals to rig off, then piece the main limb back in three pieces. Kinda fun. The butt of the branch was 6" wide and 12" tall. A strange one.

The HO (repeat customer) started with "I don't know how you're going to do that."
"Don't worry, I watched some YouTube last night." haha
"Erik said you would probably climb out on that branch and cut it in pieces." Disbelieving. "You still climb without spikes."
"yep." Wish I had my spikes to limbwalk that branch coming off, tho. Left them in the other truck, not knowing what I was in for.
Guess he thought I was going to monkey hang or tight rope walk it.
Big shot, HH, ropewalker, and a double crotched rigging line for dual lowering point to the rescue.

Funny, while reviewing the job in my head, I wonder if I could have done it a bit more easily another way that comes to mind now. That's the problem with someone else bidding a job, rather that the person doing the work.

My new neighbor was concerned about some alders back where his grand kids play. I had to ask him how he felt about the uprooted doug-fir that was tipped 20 degrees and laying into some of said alders. Somehow he didn't see that:|:.

Spent two days on my little Kubota B2920 blowing snow out of a farm yard, so the owners could gain access to their grain bins full of wheat and barley. Drifts were 7 feet high, and the grain auger had to be dug out with the loader and bucket. Just finished up, and now we're supposed to get up to 14 inches of new snow, plus winds up to 40 mph. Guess I'll start over again next week.

Joel

The reason I moved to Florida in part. I do miss the snowmobile time though.
Sawmill time here today till it rains then bon fire, yards getting tight.
Joel

Spent two days on my little Kubota B2920 blowing snow out of a farm yard, so the owners could gain access to their grain bins full of wheat and barley. Drifts were 7 feet high, and the grain auger had to be dug out with the loader and bucket. Just finished up, and now we're supposed to get up to 14 inches of new snow, plus winds up to 40 mph. Guess I'll start over again next week.

Joel
Sounds hard work, good luck

Day before I head back to the sub tropics...the phone rang and I got a nice bit of work lined up for when I get back in August.
The hugest eucalyptus for me yet got to be close to 90-100'...needs weight reduction where it leans towards a shearing shed...I WILL need to SRT this one, will return down under with a HH and a handled ascender...

Change of plans by the client pretty much shot my day. Sucks when it happens. Guy spends a lot of bucks with us all year long. Soooooo Rob will be cutting weeds for three days while I go take care of some trees on another property. Today I built a fire pit for the guy. Normally I would use his tractor for this. He built a dog kennel in the one tight place I could still sneak it through. Of course large chunks of granite had to be moved to the pit. Then sand. Then chips/mulch for the seating area. I went back, got the mini and had the job done in 2.5 hours. The granite for the job was in a tight spot on the edge of a slope over a street surround by trees only a few feet apart in places.. HOs lady did not want the wild flowers trashed, so I picked a route that would not show from the house. They loved it. Spent the rest of the day fixing stuff and transporting the mini to the next job site. Trailer has to go in tomorrow morning for tires. Went and checked on some burns since the winds have been on the increase today. Everything is fire safe and set up for tomorrow. Sure wish I had known over the weekend of my change in plans. I could have a)told him to get real and I will do it with proper scheduling or b) set up a 1/2 day job to fill in the lost time. Gawd I hate it when people mess with my schedule.
Kat is sick, so I will either work solo or call in a hired hand for groundie tomorrow.

Syrup gets made from birch trees. I would be happy to drink juice birch. I don't know if Id like it, but I wouldn't miss the chance to try it.

Syrup gets made from birch trees. I would be happy to drink juice birch. I don't know if Id like it, but I wouldn't miss the chance to try it.
Birch sap is similar on taste to ... on birch sap ... :)
Syrup gets made from birch trees? I've never heard of it ... I know that the syrup from maple sap produced in Canada.

Yummy... Now I want a stack of pancakes.

Kat was out sick, Rob on another job.. Bunch of errands this morning... I finally got to the job at 11 AM. Seth came with me and helped. Did a good job as groundie. Pulled one tree over with the Dingo while I cut and gave him hand signals. He helped tip the spar on another with the Maasdam after I barber poled it and threw the top. He ran the Dingo all day just moving material. Kid did good. 3 small pondo down, moved, cleaned up and burned in 3 hours. Material had to be moved over 150 feet out into a field from a grove of trees. Then the weather changed, small ponderosa bent like loaded fishing poles and dark clouds with rain... Mistletoe will have to wait until tomorrow.

Back