How'd it go today?

Keep going like that and there won't be a tree left in the town:lol:

We finished our creek clearing job for this year, now we are heading back to the woods to cut down trees and bushes along riding trails.
I sure look forwards to it, and so do the dogs:)

Keep going like that and there won't be a tree left in the town:lol:

We finished our creek clearing job for this year, now we are heading back to the woods to cut down trees and bushes along riding trails.
I sure look forwards to it, and so do the dogs:)
You are not believe it, but at 25 years of my career in the city the trees was not lowered ...:)

Snapped off a hundred foot rotten hemlock at thirty feet with my hands...

On the throw line...

Had the top swaying side to side, back and forth, ten feet or more off center,
then crack crack crack.

Better than getting under it and felling it.

Now just riding in the truck on the way back from the Olympic peninsula.

It isn't unheard of for the worst student to end up being better than his teachers.

There was a famous mathematician, who,when he was a fledgling, would go to these high level math conferences where guys would present the newest theorems and present long complicated proofs of them. It is said he would ask a few simple questions, the nature of which made his peers think he was kinda dumb cuz the questions seemed so basic. He would think about things for awhile then offer a far simpler, more elegant, and therefore superior proof that no one else had thought of.

Cool stuff.

The 'puter is fixed .It seems somone from a web forum some how send me some chit in a PM .Root kit virus ,nastey SOB .

I got the dates but I can't match them up because it can be sent like a time bomb .

Dang Al... Sounds ugly...

Same for you Sean.... Sounds ugly and dangerous. Good call on the line.

DId a sweet little mistle toe job with one of our local tree guys today. Drop the stuff on the ground for the HO. Glen (tree guy) had a hurnia injury not too long ago so asked for my help. Not often I get to climb with other people. Stayed in our respective trees. Looks like we might do more together though. He seemed happy with what I did and how I climb. He works mostly solo, so I think he enjoyed the company today as well. Just a really nice day :)

Tesla had some wild theories but he was a genious no doubt .When he worked with Edison was about the same time my great grandfather did also .

All basically I recall about that was what was told by my father .Tesla could figure things out with his superlative mind .Edisons claim to fame was not really his brain power but more so he had the tenacity of a wolverine .He just kept plugging away until he figured it out .

Had a great day today. Client we were supposed to do was not home and we are rescheduling for Friday. Got to do a dead wood job in some of the nicest large blue oaks I have ever climbed. Really long limb walks. Only had to take out hazardous dead wood and obvious crossed etc. Trees have been pretty nicely maintained over the years on this homestead. 3 Trees about 4 hours all told with 4 ascents on the Wraptor to awesome TIPs. Only had to rig one limb. It does not get much better than that in these hills. Two awesome days like this I might get spoiled.

The Wraptor has made a huge difference in my look at jobs as a whole.

I wouldn't bid in favor of getting jobs that required long climbs for one hanger... Now I might do several before lunch!

Did hazard trees for the local highway contractor the last couple of days. Some nice big dead fir/birch/cedar. You name it. Nice work if it can be dumped into the woods, it can be left. I've got a couple of pics I gotta take the time to figure out how to get on the 'puter. Got a fancy pants computer phone now. Three days this week I've worked for the highways, the schooldistrict, and gotten big waves from the city arb whenever I've seen him. Things are going alright.

Bid a really nice decent sized job tonight too, hope I get it. 4 bigguns in a backyard turning to stumps for a pool, so bombs away! 3 more out front so their needles don't mess up the pool and a total redo on the front yard as well so another bomb fest!!

We did an 'emergency' prune of two elms at a elementary school this afternoon. The principal was voting removal but as the cert arb I have total say in my work for the SD. Those elms look beautiful now, cleaned right up.

The Wraptor has made a huge difference in my look at jobs as a whole.

I wouldn't bid in favor of getting jobs that required long climbs for one hanger... Now I might do several before lunch!

Exactly. During storm damage jobs I just bid my minimum, ascend, do it, rappel, get paid and get on to the next one.
The one limb I had to rig today had a shatty TIP for a long limb walk. Dang thing was loing and skinny, swaying all over. I came out of the tree. reset a better tip through two crotches to help distribute the weight. Double crotched to the victim and killed it. One cut, 20 foot dead limb over a power line and breakables was gone. Redirect my rap out and out I went. Not 20 minutes from making the shot to hitting the ground. Just amazes me how much work I can get done with it and it amazes the clients and other tree guys as well. Love that thing!

I think that we are getting really a lot closer to a Parks wraptor!!

I need to buy a commuter car first, then looking toward a personal wraptor in the future, if the baby doesn't take away all the business profit.

Good job today, trimmed an old Black Bean [Castanospermum australe] and took some mistletoe out of a gum.

A bit out of my usual area, had to cross the invisable border into burqa land. Don't get many calls from there these days but there's still a few old aussies left.

It's strange how they all must work night shift jobs.:scratch:

Back