How'd it go today?

My chipping job drags on, the first 2/3's of the pile went through in 45 minutes, the last third what had to be 200 short assed pieces.

I've hauled one load of chips, one load of those pieces, I think the majority of what's left is chipper friendly.

Thankyfully it's by the hour, but my ballpark on the estimated time was a bit off. On a positive note I'm making good money, today will pay for this semesters tuititon and part of my books.

Hopefully I'll be done by 4, 1 hour drive back home. Grab a shower, then be at class by 6.

On a busines note, what do ya'll charge for chipping someone elses pile of brush? How much for the truck? I'm charging $300 a day for the chip truck and $125 an hour for me and the chipper (including travel time), no mini today, but it adds $50 an hour.

Last summer I had a large chipping job, I was a sub, charged $90 an hour for the chipper and operator, $60 for an additional man.

Lastly, we should be coming up on the hottest part of today!

ETA, I have a Brush Bandit 200 (14" tall throat) with a 120hp Ford inline 6.

And, the pile is dwendling down, it's so sad to watch it go, not!

I've had much better days than this one....I think I'm gonna start chuggin' beer to get it off my mind.

Finally got my forms for the drug test,

at 4:30 PM. :roll: Overnight Priority my butt..... oh that's right, ONLY TO MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREAS. :lol:

I'll go in the morning, then. :)

Done! That's the longest I've worked in a while, 930 to 4, plus stopping at the dump and getting home, probably around 5:15.

I'm at work right now... Be here till 10:30pm. We had our 3rd date this morning. Went to a litlle coffee shop here on the Island in Coupeville. The movie "War of the Roses" was filmed in that little town.

After that we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon on the beach befroe I had to head off to work. Good time. :) :)

Gary

Good job LJ. Are you going to the girl's school that you talked about? I cannot say enough good things about your going. I certainly wish I had went.

I worked on equipment all morning and then went and trimmed two bradford pear trees and ground a very rotten camphur stump at the same place, did a couple of bids while the guys were cleaning up and now I'm home chillin.

Presently I'm going to EMCC (East MS Community). I'll go to the W after that... not sure if I'll get my Associates from EMCC.

pruned southern oregon tree cares first 3 palms today! probably a year before i do another to!

I am presently sitting here contemplating how to seriously maim or kill my neighbors barking dog, unreal. T-minus 10 and out comes the pellet gun :evil: . I know I know I should be shooting the neighbor in the ass instead of his dog.

I've 'spoken' to the neighbor a few times now and this is starting to get ridiculous, I may have to 'speak' to his dog shortly. Other neighbors are probably undecided on what's worse the barking or my hollering :D .

After that we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon on the beach befroe I had to head off to work. Good time. :) :)

Gary

Sure sounds nice. :)

Wish I'd been sitting on a beach today.....in some shade, that is. I got to spend the hottest hours of the day pounding fiberglass posts (for an electric fence) around a pond that is only muck now. I thought it would be easier to fence out the herd than trying to pull a cow out of the mud. Smashed the hell out of my thumb's knuckle.....JUST as I was thinking to myself how much it would hurt if I missed the post. :\: :\: :\:

Needed only five more posts, drove down to the barn to get them....was planning on going the back way so I could drive right up to the spot where they were needed. Ran out of gas at the furthest point out. Of course. Walked home, through the dead/dried up fields. All the clover's like little brown crunchy pom-pom balls.

REALLY happy I had a 2 liter bottle of ice to hug on the trip back....cold water and my own little cooling system. :D

My back still isn't 100% so I have had my guy Preston climbing while I have been doing office work. Its much better to be making some money than no money. Preston is doing a heck of a job.

I think I may be having a bit of a blonde day today. I'm up, ready for work- flask made, sandwiches packed and the dog walked.

Just remembered I have a day off Doh :lol:

Che you are such a trooper. Sorry you hurt your thumb.

Ha! Thanks Gigi! :D It's OK...but I'm not used to hammering and my right bicep is like a solid cramp.

Pete, I'm sorry to hear that....but glad I'm not the only one who's done that. :|:

My back still isn't 100% so I have had my guy Preston climbing while I have been doing office work. Its much better to be making some money than no money. Preston is doing a heck of a job.

when i have a climber on staff my back is always hurting:D

Back