How'd it go today?

very few, might be a hundredish in the whole valley. these were maybe 25 feet tall so they were pretty big for here:)

Man, they're making you jump through hoops!

Well sir, it beats having to travel 100+ miles each way(When I have to go to Richmond), each time I need to go down to Chesapeake.

Since I did the drug test today, I should know within a week or so whether or not I need to go back for a final interview.

If I get the job, I get a work van that I can drive home each day. The benefits are excellent, as well as the work environment. I don't necessarily drive into work every morning, since the day would begin with a conference call. Any jobs I have to go to, I get a phone call(or voice mail or text message) on a company cell phone(Blackberry). I get a company laptop for doing diagnostics on what I would be servicing(ATM's), that is cellular web enabled for maps and so forth. I'd be on call sometimes, but the pay makes it worth it.

In other words, the hoops are worth it, if I get the job.

I'm not going to start any of the jobs I got until Monday...So today on and off I worked on clearing the small trees and the underbrush from the side of the road across the streer from my house.I live on a one lane road that has a hairpin turn right in front of my house.The neighbors kids are always flying around that curve on their go-karts.That doesn't bother me,there are worse things they could be doing,but you couldn't see around that curve from any direction and I was afraid one of them was gonna come around that curve and end up under one of my trucks or someone else's car..So I made it so you can see in both directions...It would kill me if something happened to any of the kids on this street.There are only three houses,and we are all like a big family.

I completely overbid these two trees by a long shot.

A 30' easy buckeye removal and a 45' accacia removal at a 45 slant over the neigbors yard.
After the first tree my trigger broke off the ms200.
The rest of the morning I had to dig my finger nail into this
tight crevice to get my saw to cut at 2500 rpm's at least. Mainly handsaw and 372.

My 4wd made a clunk followed by a later whining on the freeway.
Then my overdrive light starts flashing. I was poco po'd.

So now I guess all my profit will go towards the truck.

Done and chatting with the owner by 1 p.m..
He lost 39yrs of pension from the Pan Am bankruptcy,
His family has owned it for one hundred years.

I completely overbid these two trees by a long shot.

A 30' easy buckeye removal and a 45' accacia removal at a 45 slant over the neigbors yard.
After the first tree my trigger broke off the ms200.
The rest of the morning I had to dig my finger nail into this
tight crevice to get my saw to cut at 2500 rpm's at least. Mainly handsaw and 372.

My 4wd made a clunk followed by a later whining on the freeway.
Then my overdrive light starts flashing. I was poco po'd.

So now I guess all my profit will go towards the truck.

Done and chatting with the owner by 1 p.m..
He lost 39yrs of pension from the Pan Am bankruptcy,
His family has owned it for one hundred years.

Well damm...That sucks.

Bright sides,

I got to experience tree work with a triggerless saw,
Both my tranny and 4wd have needed to be inspected and serviced anyway,

And I cleared a load of polly. :)

Besides I didn't even mention that the guy didn't actually sign the check and I oversaw it.

So I'm still looking for the bright side of that one.

I am beat too. Today all we did was cut large deadwood out of fat, mostly rotten cottonwoods. Every tree was filled with critter holes. It was a long day. I have four bids to do in the a.m.

I have run out of work, so yesterday we cleaned 4 modesto ash trees of deadwood and mistletoe at my church, and today I am helping my oldest daughter move from San Francisco to Petaluma.

Git-R-done trick number 407. Always carry Superglue in the truck. WHen the a rivet pops out of a pole saw ferrule, the throttle interlock on a saw breaks and accursed 200T trigger breaks etc. either glue the offending part back to gether or if parts are lost whittle a substitute out of the work debris(You DO carry a pocketknife don't you?) glue it up and get back to work. 2-10 minutes making a field repair beats clomping through the whole job wishing you had brought the back-ups since your tools aren't working right.

Butch , I know you are a WalMart fan. WalMart carries a brand of Superglue called Fix-all that sells 6 tubes for 97 cents.It is in the hardware/paint section packaged on a yellow card. At that price one use per tube would be economical but curiously this stuff keeps better than any other SG I have used, it seems like the cap always unscrews and the tube isn't clogged when I want to reuse it. It does take a little longer to set that some of the other brands but I don't mind a little bit of working time since it still will be ready to use whatever I glue in a minute or 2. I try to always have at least one fresh tube in the toolbox.

I have NEVER been able to make superglue work even with ideal conditions, I can't imagine trying at work. Maybe I'm an idiot, but it only seems to work on flesh. It does that pretty well, holding together cracked callouses.

TS

Noticed another coolant leak today. At first I was afraid it was the water pump or something, then I saw the pinhole in the upper radiator hose. EZPZ fix, just waiting for the truck to cool down before I go back and pop off that hose.

Tom, Cyanoacrylate esters require moisture (H2O)to set. Thus they work near instantly on skin, and well on stuff like wood that always has latent moisture. Glueing Plastics and metal together can be frustrating if ambient humidity is low. Breathe on it (but don't kiss the glue joint!).

I worked some more on stripping the bathroom door. I'm just about ready for a final sanding and paint.

And yes, I knocked off early. My uncle came in from work, and my mom and brother came back from their errands, so I was the only one here. Besides, you try having a bathroom with 4 people in the house, and no door.

Third day home sick with some kind of stomach/intestinal virus. I have lost 16#'s since Thursday AM.

Today I'm building a saw for a friend of mine...It's a 357 husky...Trying to get more juice out of it for him..Got it torn down and cleaned up this morning,now I'm working on the exhaust...Next will be the intake...I won't tell what else I'm doing to it...Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be putting it back together..

Sorry to hear JBred, hope you're on the mend soon.

Got the radiator hose changed out on the big truck. Some of the auto parts stores make it so easy and others make it so difficult. The first store almost refused to even look unless I told them the year, make and model so the idiot could punch it in the computer. I asked if I could match it up and the guy refused to allow me in the back. He took the old hose (but not the tape measure) and came out 10 minutes later with something the wrong size.

I left and went down the street, the gal at Auto Zone let me walk in the back and I found a suitable hose in about 45 seconds. Had to go back for a second trip to get a gallon of coolant (because I'm an idiot and forgot). Took it for a test drive to check for leaks, got it all fueled up for next week (because fuel prices are going up no matter where Dean hits) and everything is good to go.

Back