How'd it go today?

I took down a couple of camphur trees yesterday and ground the stumps plus another existing stump today. Talk about limited access. Not nearly as exciting as Gary's or MB's day.

I sent my guy out to prune some trees and took the morning off. I joined up with him later and helped clean up. I ordered him a better saddle today. After my buddy Dan is done with fire season, there'll be three of us climbing. I want a power trio where everyone can do everything and egos are checked at the door. I hope I can make it happen.

After a trip to town, Daniel and I took his four wheeler mud riding in my quasi drained lake. Needless to say we had a blast and covered ourselves with mud and such.

I gotta get one'na them! Forgot how much fun they can be.

I sent my guy out to prune some trees and took the morning off. I joined up with him later and helped clean up. I ordered him a better saddle today. After my buddy Dan is done with fire season, there'll be three of us climbing. I want a power trio where everyone can do everything and egos are checked at the door. I hope I can make it happen.

great idea darin. i think thats the ideal setup!

grrrr. woke up yesterday morning, flipped the switch on the computer and it made a noise that sounded like " blip", I looked at the screen which said "hard drive not detected, insert boot disk" long story short, new computer was boughtened (housing, power supply, chip, motherboard, RAM and my first official copy of windows in a long time), figured out BOTH my drives (I had the 40 gig main drive and an 80 gig data drive) appear to be shot and non working. last backup of data etc, April 25, 2007. I have lost a big pile of invoices and pictures and such, I will be re-installing software for at least another day. trying to find my software CD's (nero, norton etcetc).

I will be buying a 2gig flash usb drive today and instilling a new best practice of vital data backup each night before shutdown. it would have saved me hours of work and agony.
the one bright point, I managed to build from the new parts in boxes, gutted parts from the old machine (CD, DVD, extra housing fan, 3.5 inch drive, internet connections etc ) in under 2 hours with a screwdriver and unopened ;) instruction booklet.

oh, new stuff including windows cost me a shade under $500, I think that was being discussed recently around here somewhere.

my reasoning behind the new cpu rather than replacing the drive in the old beast is that the old beast was a 5 or 6 year old cpu and chip so I figured it was reasonable to upgrade at the same time instead of just repairing.

Kinda dead over here,all of a sudden my phone has stopped ringing.That's odd,my wife even usually calls me at least once during the day.

I'm sitting in my second class for the day, 3 bids to give afterwards.

College sure feels different than it did 3 years ago.

A hottie from high school is in my comp 2 class, thus far this class is looking bleak and dark. Sadly I've taken this class once before and was doing well until the 3rd exam, after that I stopped doing my classes, failing 3 of the 4 classes I was taking.

"Sadly I've taken this class once before and was doing well until the 3rd exam, after that I stopped doing my classes, failing 3 of the 4 classes I was taking."

Why?

so far so good. another 3 hours of installing components and software. went back to computer store today, another gig of ram, a cordless keyboard and mouse kit, 2 gig usb dflash drive and some software.
just sticking Itunes on now... back later!

Carl, good luck with school. I'm starting on monday, enrolled in 17 units so it's going to be a busy one. Hopefully will be out in three semesters, crossing my fingers.

jp:D

I got fed up with it, Kristi kept haggling me, rightly so.

She's a good friend, but she can get motherly.

Jon, hopefully I'll be done in 11 more semesters :)

Back