How'd it go today?

My credit union rules. I need money, I call them, they say yes, I go pick it up. Easy peasy. PNC bank, whom i run the business and personal checking accounts through, wouldnt spare me a drop of piss if my gums were on fire.

Sick and miserable today. Sat on the processor for a few hours and couldnt take the snow and sawdust in my eyes anymore. The wind was swirling so hard out on the old airport runway i use that my eyes couldnt get any relief even with safety glasses on. Been staying on that processor a lot since taking that over. I think Ive moved 40 cords in the month since I took it over. Im still trying to get the word out that Im producing in volume now. Next winter I intend on going ape. I like it. It keeps me occupied during the slow times. The chain on the processors saw really blows my mind. Its .404 semi chisel full comp on a 25" harvestor bar. That stuff cuts through some absolutely dirt and grit packed bark constantly and keeps on cutting. Every few cords it comes to a halt and wont cut anything over 16". 2 strokes with a sharp file and its at its peak again. Im not real well versed on the nature of .404 and semi chisel chain. Ive always known that semi chisel stands up to grit better but Im serious when I say that the .404 semi chisel just seems bullet proof. Maybe im crazy?

Good old .404 will get-er done .

Ha we got some snow .It seems the natives although they've lived here all their lives forget from one season to next that they have to slow down a tad bit in winter conditions .Dent city .:lol:

Interesting comment on the .404. Wonder if the heavier chassis has anything to do with it? I have some .404 and a new 2 foot bar that came on the 880, I might try sticking it on the 038 magnum for fun.

Which is one of the dumbest things Stihl has ever done IMO.
Two different types of bar, how stupid is that.

Almost, but only almost, made me get a Husky instead of my latest 880.

Thanks for mentioning that, Dave. I have a big mount bar from my 076 on the 038 now, via the suggestion posted (I think Kevin) to make some inserts out of thin nuts, it worked out real good. The oil holes can usually be modified. I think the .404 bar has the hole a little higher than the oil exit slit on the smaller mount saw.

The chain on the processor is .404, .080 gauge. Its not huge, but its sturdy stuff. It will cut through dirt like its a joke and keep going, but frozen dirt is a no go. As far as goggles go, Im going to take a set with me tomorrow but doubt Ill tolerate them. I cant stand my peripheral vision being blocked when i do things. The wind wasnt as bad but it only hit 14* degrees here today. Tomorrow will be a high of 9*. I got 6 hours in on the processor today but Ive got the damned flu right now and just couldnt take another minute so i bailed and have been curled up by the woodstove since.

Well guys I'm not thinking .404 sawchain at the moment ,only converting pesos and enjoying good food and cerveza down here in Ricon De Guayabitos.
Its about 80 degrees today with a nice warm breeze, man the locals here have relaxation perfected to the T, I only have almost 3 weeks of it left.

I hope you've all had a great Christmas and a happy new year.
Here's my 3 beach bums enjoying a cold one.
SDC11070.JPG

A long time customer sent me a list of things to do at her house. Thought it was going to amount to something, took only two leisurely hours this morning. Went to my house and installed my toilet, the water is flowing and the poo flows down, I'm very happy. :) Went to home depot and lowes and grabbed electrical stuff for my buddy who is Finally coming over tomorrow to "almost" finish. Grabbed what I need for the bathtub drain, and I'll be darned it'll be livable next week! :D

Kitchen's in the mail, just need to get the inside of the garage going so I can somewhat work out of it.

Took A. J. to Cub Scouts tonight, we got to tour the Cop shop, YAY!! Just what I want to do for fun! It was interesting walking around with the kids and other parents and all the Cops "Hey Andy, hows it going, what are you doing here now?":lol: Could have been worse I guess?
Found out last night that the coffee table I've been busting my ass off to get done for my SIL to put in the women's fair, she isn't going to use now? She wants something with wrought iron and a glass top now. I hope she has good luck finding someone to help her with that!
The neighbor that treated my tools like crap came over while I was at Cub Scouts, funny how that worked out, and gave the wife two bottles of whiskey. One was an apology for the treatment of my tools, the other was a thanks for helping out. A start, but shady at best IMO!

One of the cheer moms sent me these pic's today. Thought I would share...

Cheer2.jpg
Whitney, Meagan, Taylor, Ashley, Kendel, Alex, Leslie, and Taylor
Cheer1.jpg
Taylor holding Meagan, Morgan holding Ashley, Taylor & Alex holding Leslie, and Kyle holding Taylor.

(There are 2 Whitney's, 3 Taylor's, and 2 Katie's on the squad... so if you think I repeated a name, I did)

Gotta love em. Mom looks like a previous cheerleader herself. :)

These are the kids I spent last week with in Arizona. At least part of them. There were 21 total. 22 counting the coach. They had plenty of room on the 57 passenger bus.

Now the band kids were crammed on their 7-buses like sardines. Nary an empty seat anywhere.

Lazy day today .Packed in the weeks supply of firewood is all .It's supposed to be around 50 Friday so I might drop another dead ash ---or not .

Back