How'd it go today?

Did nothing today. It was awesome. Only a few times a year do I go a day without doing work of some variety. It was great. I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime.

I know, Dennis, so it gave me the idea to harass you. :)

Same here, Chris, I took two days off during new years. I didn't know it was possible. Felt good...

I beg your indulgence to let me post one more pic of my hardhead wedge attempts. I think I've got it figured out...twelve minutes to make this attempt. Used a wider plug for this last one. It goes in an inch and a half and seems real solid for driving.

Attachments

• wedgelast.jpg
    wedgelast.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 7
Built a wall for a closet, fixed the wiring in a bathroom, fixed the wiring in a bedroom and installed a hosed shower head. All went well, until the wiring in the bedroom glitched out:?
I go back tomorrow, gonna try bigger wire nuts and I guess I get to start trimming out a cabinet in the bathroom, I hate trim work because I suck at it:whine:

Kitchen 2012-01-08 002.jpg

Noticed that the cabinet floor under the kitchen sink had previously been cut out and patched back. I was curious so I pulled it back up.

Now I don't think you are supposed to see the exterior brick while standing inside the kitchen. :|:

Tom managed to break a control rod on his bucket truck control handle .Had to go to Ft Wayne for another .To get the broken end of the rod out of the brass bushing I had to heat it up with a torch ,galvanic action had it tight as a mouses ear .Never -seeze it'll never get stuck again .

Didn't we used to have a thread titled "How's Business?"? I just spent 5 minutes searching and can't find it.

Anyway, I remember a couple years ago on Feb 15 I was working my third day of the year. Last year I was recovering from surgery, but this year my winter has been rocking with no slowdown at all. I worked 3 days the week between Christmas and New Years, 5 days last week and already have 4 days booked this week. I still have a couple bigger winter projects coming up and my two big landscaper accounts have lots of big properties with palm trees that will need trimming before Spring.

As that goes in most cases in these parts it really slows to a crawl this time of year .It appears with the milder winter weather plus the zillions of dead ash that Toms work while slow is doing better than ever for winter .Nothing to get rich over but enough to pay the bills and keep beans on the table for a change .

Well different strokes .Fact is I like doing trim .Making it staining it installing it .What I don't like is a nagging female telling me how to do it .Fact is I get so foul tempered I don't want anyone around when I'm doing it .

Took out a dead Birch this morning right beside a elementary school. The teacher and class popped out asked me a bunch of questions and left with a couple of rounds for a classroom project. I felt like a teacher myself for a bit. Lol. Made bank and still home before lunch, with a jag of firewood to boot!

I climbed for a friend, bunch of misc stuff around a cottage on a lake. Conquered a nasty dead Hemlock he chickened out on. There was a tie in near by in an Oak that I felt 100% confident the whole time. I had to do it as he is the kid who has the best, is the best, does it the best. I came down smiling. :)

I laugh good day here felled three pines and cleaned them up using them and a bunch of sand for a gun range backstop. Picked up a friends 280 that someone put a carb kit in and fuel was a spewing. I get it home to find no needle/seat so on the hunt I go once I hunt up the ipl.

Our main job of removing a cedar canceled today due to pneumonia. He is the HO and wanted to move all the material for us with his tractor as he has guests coming in this weekend. He has a guest rental on the property and did not want a mess aside it. Understandable. So did a my biannual pollard that turned into a pollard, removal and roof clearance. One mulberry on my pollard list is gone now :( It had started to crack the guys driveway so he opted to kill it. He waited until January this time so there was less cleanup as the leaves were all gone. Kinda missed having my clean up crew there.. Had the pollard done and chipped in 45 minutes with Rob. Pulled the other tree over against the favor of the lean. landed it right next to the chipper, butchered that and lifted the crown on that oak above the roof in an hour including cleanup.
Came home and played with the Willys to see it my fix worked. I have a job coming up I would like to have it on. Actually a couple more than. SO far so good.......
Katy and the kids are spending the night down in the valley at a friends house. House is too quiet. :(

Sat at home, fooled around on the computer, booked a teaching gig in March, went to post office picked up a box and then back home to a snack. Now contemplating what to make for supper. :) I like winter.

Knocked down 9 hazard trees and 6 prunes. Cleaned the gutters on the shop with the bucket truck. Coulda used some pointers...;):lol:

Child birth class number two tonight. T-minus 2 months and 2 weeks and a handful of days.

Burnham, it makes you a grandpa! :)

My brother came by the rent house today to make a parts list. Now remember, I don't know what I'm saying here so don't yell at me. There are 4 breakers in the bedroom closet. Can't have them in a closet now days. There are 7 breakers in a box outside under the electric meter. No main disconnect. Can have no more than 6 "throws" to turn off the power and this house has 11. There are 2 - 30 amp breakers with #12 wire. Should only be 20 - amp. Need a bigger panel in order to run 220 to the garage for a dryer. There is probably more that I forgot about.

He is coming back Sunday to make it right.

Practice your diaper changing Sean, my wife was so impressed that I won a blanket as I was the fastest dad at the diaper contest. I did get beat by a grandma but since that was an unfair advantage we both won blankets:D

Back