How'd it go today?

Well yesterday after work I was loading big rounds on the super splitter with the mini loader. All of a sudden it dies. Starter clicks, fan barely spinning. So I jumped it, worked for a bit, then died. Damnit. I had to keep the other battery on it while loading it on the truck so I can fix it this morning. Took it all apart, cleaned battery terminals- nothing. Started cleaning every terminal-nothing. Took the "dash" off and cleaned the ignition switch, green buttons, and everything else while I was up there, nothing. The terminals on the starter-nothing.

The battery is a month old, but I decided to take it to Auto Zone and have them test it. "It's a bad battery" she said. Sweet, still under the 3 month warranty. Came home installed it an perfecto! Don't over look new parts, lesson learned. Good thing is all the connections have been cleaned and lubed. :) Cross that off the list, some of them were nasty too!

Joel, I heartily recommend this book if you want to get your bandsaw cutting well. There are some things that you can do to with the upper and lower wheels to put them in a proper alignment for smooth performance, beyond just the upper wheel tilt mechanism that is on most saws. Proper guides are a good thing too, if they didn't come with the saw. Most bandsaws are out of tune, and it is definitely worth getting them fixed up.

http://www.amazon.com/Band-Saw-Handbook-Mark-Duginske/dp/0806963980

Wow Erik... I might wanna see that for shats and giggles :/:

Today went smooth as silk with a new client that it seems we made a good impression on. He sure liked the gear! Shot line in, Wraptor up, remove mistletoe. Rap out... Rob shoots next line in ahead of me... Wraptor up.. remove mistletoe.. Rob shot another line in, but I just went SRT as there was not much height to it and not much limb walking to do save a couple. And a couple of redirects easier to do SRT. I had already got part of the third tree from the second tree as I had a really nice high TIP in a central leader. Limb walked over to part of the crown of the third tree and got the mistletoe off that one side and went back to work in tree 2. Some guy with a small bucket truck could not reach the tips of the crown, nor some of the interior, so we got hired instead :D Signs on the truck pay off again ;)
So we are hired to go back tomorrow and defoliate some live oaks of mistletoe tomorrow for our day rate...
I can honestly say that the Wraptor made the third tree possible :thumbup:

Logo, Goodman & Cole
Tree Service
Ladder Fuel Reduction
Phone number...
Green logo
White sign
Black lettering

Plain and simple.

Sorry I don't have a picture of them right now on this puter.

Been sick the last two days, woke up yesterday throwing up, finally settled down this afternoon. I brilliantly decided to use my new vigor, and boredom, to clean up and season a cast iron dutch oven.
It's 22 outside, the windows are open, the wife isn't speaking to me and my eyes are still burning! I think I should have waited until tomorrow to do this:lol:

Bid some work this morning for a repeat customer. She's recommended me to her neighbor across the street. Dying doug-fir with LRR, I suspect, from working in the neighborhood.

Got to climb a few trees today for my own job. Nice mix up from all the bucketing and felling at Parks. Knocked down a doug-fir with a lot of pitching and vertical seams in the bark. Crown was sorta thin. Didn't cut it up into round, but all the wood looked clean that I saw. Tree didn't look right though, and close to the house. Didn't examine the roots. The HOs were about out of firewood, so they'll be stocked for next year, and are happy not to have to worry about the tree.

Took a while to get a good SRT line into a western redcedar with a forked top. When I got near to the redirection point/ TIP I found that I was over a 3/4" branch, which withstood the bounce testing and climbing just fine. I had a larger branch about a foot lower, and the huge crotch of the fork just below that, which I could tell from the ground would be at most a few feet of drop on a 70' TIP, worst case scenario.

Swung into the adjacent cedar from the same TIP to prune it, too.

Had slip while limb walking, but just ended up dangling in free air, NBD.

All in all, a good afternoon of dry work in cool temps. Collect the check at dusk.

Back