The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yea, it's not that I'm particularly smart, but this came up once before. Someone(might have been Rich) mentioned cutting lime, and I thought WTF?! How does that work *there?!*. I was then set on the right path :^D

Dead fir, broken dahlia. top at 18" diameter, 40" or so dbh.

Spikes started sinking badly 15' from the breakout. Left the remaining dead branches attached, and launched it.. Forest setting. Stripped some branches off a live fir on the way down. Not an issue.

Undercut COG and Magic Cuts, no pull lines.

No cleanup, just bucking into rounds. 20210327_145119.jpg

Has about as much heat in it as a newspaper.
I don't bother with it as firewood.
Woodcarvers love it.
It is soft, yet has a good holding ability on details. ( Horse chestnut is soft, too, but the little details break off too easily)
So every time I take a good one down, it goes to my partner's mill and ends up with Sanne Seipelt, the premier woodcarver of Denmark and a friend.

What happened to your leg up there? Looks like you sank to your nads in the swamp. Hope it was the beginning of the day. That way you have a chance to naturally clean off while working. Not much pisses me off more than spending a whole day staying relatively clean, then hitting a disaster right before quitting for the day :^S

I agree, an hollow trunk with an integrated swamp I guess. When you cut it, this delicious juice flows right on your pants.:barf:

Love the smell of the flowers. Makes a great tea. We visited friends in the south of Germany at the height of the Lime blossoms twice, and spent time just walking the old city streets breathing in their sweet fragrance.

I like when those brown water geysers hit your chaps 'stead of your pants

Had a call at 330 from a customer. Resized952021032895152335.jpg Resized952021032895152305.jpg

Saturated, clay soil and wind.

4 trees just barely touched the house and fence, no damage.
1 tipped toward the house.

Got it quickly guyed back and sideways. Faced up and back cut.

4 remaining trees were heaving.
Dropped 3 without ropes, wedges and mini pushing them to the lay between the house and wires. Left the biggest of the group, a doug-fir, standing, and easy to throw line into. Set a pull rope and a 90* retainer line that I attached to my towing safety chain eyes on my hitch, using a bowline on a bight in order to have two loops.
Barely enough room to tension it, and have a decent line-angle.

Used my brake pedal presser, custom made.

20210328_174745.jpg

Face-cut, bored back cut, wedges, retensioned the True Blue pull rope, and released it.

Back