The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
One inch punch...........................more like a one inch push.

stig

Taekwondo.

I can break one of those boards with one finger BTW.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
But of course! Had they'd known you were gonna be viewing it, They'd have used thicker wood - just to impress you!

stig

Butch, you coulkd break one of those boards with one finger, simply by pushing hard on it.
Those boards are a joke.

pantheraba

More biners!!!
There are several projectile weapons that are part of our ABA/NBAA bando...throwing knives, slingshot, slings, spears, atlatl, bow and arrow, etc. A very simple and satisfying skill to practice is knife throwing.

These were purchased at Academy Sports and are also available through Amazon. Amazon shows some 10 inch knives available. That size is preferable if available.

Ryan

Treehouser
Such a satisfying thud when they stick. Gary, what's your distance from target and number of rotations? We used to throw a lot over beers at 7' out with one rotation. The game was: as long as they were sticking you continued to throw. One morning at around 2 a.m. with 20+ beers in me I was able to land 140 or so, consecutive hits. Being loaded, I was able to channel all my concentration into throwing those knives. It made no sense but we had a big laugh over it.:|:

pantheraba

More biners!!!
It's four Paces.... throwing by the handle so it's a one-turn distance.

140 straight is remarkable. Had to be hilarious as your buddies witnessed the improbable.

Tree09

Treehouser
You had the drunk focus going on, the perfect amount of booze to relax you and not let you overthink, but not enough to impair you. It's a real thing.

BeerGeek

Treehouser
I believe the members following this thread might be interested in the following (and those living in Virginia, good luck to you):

cory

TreeHouser
the headline twists the chit outta the intent of the law as posted there

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!