The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

One inch punch...........................more like a one inch push.

Taekwondo.

I can break one of those boards with one finger BTW.

But of course! Had they'd known you were gonna be viewing it, They'd have used thicker wood - just to impress you!

Butch, you coulkd break one of those boards with one finger, simply by pushing hard on it.
Those boards are a joke.

There are several projectile weapons that are part of our ABA/NBAA bando...throwing knives, slingshot, slings, spears, atlatl, bow and arrow, etc. A very simple and satisfying skill to practice is knife throwing.

These were purchased at Academy Sports and are also available through Amazon. Amazon shows some 10 inch knives available. That size is preferable if available.

Such a satisfying thud when they stick. Gary, what's your distance from target and number of rotations? We used to throw a lot over beers at 7' out with one rotation. The game was: as long as they were sticking you continued to throw. One morning at around 2 a.m. with 20+ beers in me I was able to land 140 or so, consecutive hits. Being loaded, I was able to channel all my concentration into throwing those knives. It made no sense but we had a big laugh over it.:|:

It's four Paces.... throwing by the handle so it's a one-turn distance.

140 straight is remarkable. Had to be hilarious as your buddies witnessed the improbable.

You had the drunk focus going on, the perfect amount of booze to relax you and not let you overthink, but not enough to impair you. It's a real thing.

I believe the members following this thread might be interested in the following (and those living in Virginia, good luck to you):

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the headline twists the chit outta the intent of the law as posted there

20191221_151614.jpg

I dug out my old throwing knives and found they weren't as manly as the short swords Gary whips around. I'll have to set something up next spring and see if I'm any good sober.

Those are too broad to be able to reach any vitals at the speed you can throw them.

Here is one of our most highly skilled Bando masters, Fon Essien, performing for OSS 101 veterans. Our GA Kukri Drill Team performed to honor these men for their service and sacrifice during WWII. There is verbiage with the video that describes who/what the OSS was.

The son of Field Marshal, Viscount Slim of WWII fame was officiating at this Reunion. You can see our teacher, Dr. U Maung Gyi in the background, a Burmese man wearing a maroon beret.

Notice on Fon's second set of solo drills how he comes close to a little lady who was on the first row...I remember seeing how much it frightened her...and how Fon just smiled warmly (and devilishly) to reassure her that "everything's OK".

Cool stuff Gary. And you gave me an excuse to post another pic! A chrome plated ornament but I thought it was a real find from a pawn shop 20+ years ago.

Attachments

• 20191222_142755_resized.jpg
    20191222_142755_resized.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 1
I was just thinking the same thing, Stig. Thanks for schooling us!
Doesn't take much to piss you off.
Why don't you simply man up and dismember me instead of having to put up with being "schooled" by me.
Nope, "dismember" was not a mistake, it was a joke, however lame.

Back